My new turbo setup at 18psi

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
I took a little spin in the Supra so you can take a listen. Mostly for sound, and I did a few pulls on the freeway so you can see how it spools. Yes, my spedo cable broke again(the long part this time :nono: ) but I'm picking one up on Monday. If I knew how fast I was going I would slow down :biglaugh: This is with the 62-1 at 18psi, and my new AFPR kit installed.
www.driftmotion.com/Aarons7m_062406.wmv

Watch out IJ, here comes petrol power :icon_wink :biglaugh:

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Aaron: LOL nice auto pan in one of the pulls!

Love the custom gear knob.

Hmmm Petrol power..... how much did that run cost !! ;)
(Cost me a 1/3 in fuel to make the same power)

All jokes aside sounds great and seems very responsive!

supralover2000

12.8 and dropping..
Apr 4, 2005
Long Island, NY
www.mk3.us
sounds awesome Aaron! also looks like the maftpro is coming along just fine. ;)
PM me when you get a chance so we can discuss that Tunerpro issues.
I just bought a house and Im there day and night remodeling so Im not on here as often as usual.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
gr a: thanks! Cant wait to check yours out, by the looks of that dash it's gonna be really fast!

IJ: At $3.50 a gallon for gas, I would much rather run LPG! (and I don't think it's at your power level quite yet) BTW, IJ's car is my favorite Supra!

s90turbo: That cable is a pain huh!

silentsniper: I wish it could do that, but those Falken RT-615 in 275 are too sticky! They are almost as sticky as my old drag radials on the street!

supralover2000: Hey man, I would really like to thank you for all the help you have been to me (any many others) with the maft pro! I got the data logging working and then something went wrong, but I'm sure there is a quick fix for it.

Hells Legion: LOL! Remember to buy only a REAL TRD shift knob! That one had a TRD logo in the center but I think it stuck to my hand and fell out of the car. It just disappeared one day, and it's not in the car LOL

Thanks for the compliments!

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
IJ. said:
Aaron: Converting LPG litres into US gallons and AUD to USD I'd be paying $1.33 USD a gallon ;)

Not bad for minimum 104 octane!

What is the 62-1 rated for hp wise?

62-1 is supposed to be good for 600+ hp.

I looked at the video again, what shift knob are you guys talking about? You can't really see it in the video, it's a TRD knob on a Sees(sp?) short shifter.

Last edited:

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
bigaaron said:
62-1 is supposed to be good for 600+ hp.

I looked at the video again, what shift knob are you guys talking about? You can't really see it in the video, it's a TRD knob on a Sees(sp?) short shifter.

in the video it looks like all youve got is a stick with no knob

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
aye mate said:
Do I hear a little comp. surge? Or is that just the way your BOV sounds?

MK3Brent said:
Sounds like surge to me ;)

You guys are probably right. I noticed that my BOV is not nearly as loud with the new turbo. I have been thinking about getting a bigger bov. I have a Greddy type S on there, what do you think would be better? Or is there some other fix to try first? Would the lower IC pipe not be a better place for a bov?