My New purchase

Amontgomery

not so sad 10psi
Apr 1, 2008
Cleveland, MS
I am the guy who traded with Chris. I had the MKIV for a daily driver when I graduate highschool through my time in the military. It was in a wreck and I had to spray the bumper as close as I could to match as close as possible to the rest of the body. And yes it is blue, but the car has a blue overtone so it didn't look bad from far away. The engine is also needing work(aside from the fact that is an NA). It was going to sit up for about 5 to 10 years before I could afford to touch it.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
Its both... blue mica flake over black paint.

It wasn't a bad trade for either. He wanted a turbo car that was faster than this( the mk3 is bpu so yes... its much faster), and the white car isn't wrecked, nor has it been as far as I can tell. This car needs a front bumper, bumper support and brackets, a headlight, and a non smashed correct fitting hood. So I have to spend a couple thou on it to begin with besides the turbo stuff. Also needs rear wheel bearings, a little engine work and some other things. In all reality, being NA and auto, I traded for a shell. There is no way Andrew could make the mk4 as fast as the mk3 without spending at least 4k on turbo or turbo swapped stuff. The mk3 is still on stock turbo, but having a mildly built auto trans and a 2700 stall, it has potiental to be a good bit faster for way cheaper. A 57 trim and an emanage should have the car well in the 12's. I would say its good for mid 13's like it sits. He is keeping his wheels also and CD player.

So like I said, really not a bad deal for either of us.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Congrats Chris. Good luck getting everything swapped over and now I'm wondering what you're going to take to Texas next year.............:biglaugh:

A-model_

Jun 7, 2006
TX
Are you planning on using 2jz NA-t with 7m electronics and the r-154 with the 1jz bell housing? that would really wake up the 2jz in the supra. It would make no sense to swap the 7m in there. Although anything is possible.

Amontgomery

not so sad 10psi
Apr 1, 2008
Cleveland, MS
As soon as I get the car I will post pictures. I am having to wait until the end of April because I can't afford to pick the car up earlier because of the distance (about 250 miles). I kept the MKIV there in a storage facility because I don't have the place for a project car where I live now. The White Package on the other hand can be used as a daily driver and can be driven while I am working on it. The plan is a 57trim and a MAFTpro, with some upgrades in the handling department as well, the body will keep with the white package theme in all areas except for the rims(maybe).

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Justin 727 has a brand new complete MAFT PRO for sale now. If you are ready to start buying stuff already, maybe that can save you few dollars.

Chris, it's great to see that you still have a very nice MKIII after you acquired the MKIV!

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Supracentral;982683 said:
Welcome to the dark side. :evil5:

Doesn't the dark side always get its ass kicked?:sarcasm:

Gratz gixxer, now you have NO excuse to run better times than you did in tx. AEM + 272 cams + 2jz-ge(t) with that 72mm you have kicking around and you should be in great shape.