My New purchase

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
AF1JZ;982990 said:
Nah, finally decided to get one. Been looking for one for a while now. I just finally found "The one".

You better make a thread like this when you get yours then, too. Wish I was loaded enough to afford a Mkiv.:love:

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
I've wanted a mk4 for the last 10-12 years. Finally got one. Its not everything it's cracked up to be, but it is a very nice car.

Differences I've noticed over 500 miles of driving(400 of which were in one day)

Comfort - MK3 WINS by a fair margin. 3 way adjustable mk4 seats FTL.
Blind spots... mk4 seems to have a ton, mk3, almost none.
Parts cost ... mk4 much much more expensive.
Torque.... mk4... where is it? I can seem to find it. Although, I think it has vtec at 4500 rpm...lol

Baller effect... mk4 wins hands down.

Annoyance... people bug the shit out of me on a constant basis. EVERYWHERE.
Ever wonder why mk4 guys have the reputation for being assholes? If EVERYONE tried to talk to you about your car every time you stopped at a redlight, got out at a gas station, or simply drove with the windows down.... it would happen to you too. That shit sucks balls.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
gixxer750;985595 said:
Annoyance... people bug the shit out of me on a constant basis. EVERYWHERE.

Ever wonder why mk4 guys have the reputation for being assholes? If EVERYONE tried to talk to you about your car every time you stopped at a redlight, got out at a gas station, or simply drove with the windows down.... it would happen to you too. That shit sucks balls.

You can say that again brother. Get used to it.

There are days when you just can't stand it. Dark tint helps, keeps people from knowing you are ignoring them.

You can thank thank that piece of shit F&F movie for that bullshit. It wasn't nearly as bad before then.

Amontgomery

not so sad 10psi
Apr 1, 2008
Cleveland, MS
That was one of the reasons my wife was so happy with the trade. No matter where we were going or what we were doing someone would have something to say about it. We were going out on a date before I got sent to basic training and we couldn't get a few minutes alone because the people kept coming up and talking to us.

And then there are the stalkers with video cameras that chase you down the interstate(probably not as bad when you have a turbo though because you can just lose them)

boosted17

Jun 5, 2005
Florence, KY
Amontgomery;988785 said:
That was one of the reasons my wife was so happy with the trade. No matter where we were going or what we were doing someone would have something to say about it. We were going out on a date before I got sent to basic training and we couldn't get a few minutes alone because the people kept coming up and talking to us.

And then there are the stalkers with video cameras that chase you down the interstate(probably not as bad when you have a turbo though because you can just lose them)

That would drive me crazy!

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
that thing needs some tlc on the body poor fitting aftermarket parts and bad workmanship show, but not bad car to start with a turbo, some body TLC and a lil customizing will pay off I'm sure

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Wills7MGTE;1019945 said:
people with ferrari's, Ford GT's (the gt40 remake), and Z06 vettes have same problem, I get tired of the mk4 owners whinning

Z06 guys hardly even get noticed. The Ferrari & GT guys get more car enthusiasts.

We get F&F heads and GT4 clowns who want to know what "stage" turbo we have... It wouldn't be half as annoying if it weren't dorks 99 times out of 100...