My new project (bye bye supra)

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
Hi everyone ;)

It's kind of a sad time for me. I'm selling my baby Supra but...
I've bought myself a 1965 Porsche 911 ;) Car runs, drives, but need restoration. Front end is with some ugly kit, so I will need to swap all original one, but either way - its a superb car. Feels like a real super car should feel. Damn, after driving porsche I feel like after good workout :D 911 has no power steering, no brake assist, no nothing! Even pedals are hard to push. I feel in love the minute I saw that car ;)
So, here are the pics ;) Enjoy
p1093569_1.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1093569_2.jpg

p1093569_3.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

What do you think? Was it worth to sell supra for it? BTW, 911 will need a lot of restoration work, repaint, original front, redone interior... I'll try to make it as much original as I can.

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
Awesome buy there, but are you sure about the year? That looks like one from the 80s, in the 60s they were still on this tip:

1969_silver_Porsche_911E_coup&

And what the hell is up with that frontend? It looks like the spawn of unholy crossbreeding of a F40 with a 240z.

Good luck with the build, I can't think of a much better supra replacement :).

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
it's real year 1965 car ;) it was written on the chassis and in the papers. Dunno, front end looks ugly as shi... but thats why it was so cheap. And car has no rust what so ever.
Yes, its only 94k km ;) It was sitting in Sweden for 8 years covered in dust, and then it was in Lithuania for 1 year, at some Porsche maniac also collecting dust.

Either way I will be heading for a stock look. I'm not a porsche guy, but as I understand at first the car was upgraded to '70 turbo model (note the back) and all the front pieces are from turbo model (thou car has had no accidents in it's life).

I cant tell how I'm excited, it's the ONE car I wanted for life, but I always thought that only super duper rich guys can handle them.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
you can swap parts on those from a 1997 911, 1998 is when Porsche finally got a new body with the 996's...

The front end looks like a 930 slant nose, but they didn't get the pop-ups and half-assed it..

gallery.jpg

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
cartel1_950;1093640 said:
you bought the car in europe? why isn't it RHD?

because in "normal" world wheel is in the left lol :D only crazy brits, japs and aussies have their wheels in right :icon_bigg And I'm from Lithuania (Europe), traffic is LHD as in the rest of the world

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
LHD is a gay left over from medieval times so when people on horseback passed each other their swordarms were away from each other (trusting souls eh)

NFI why the USA adopted it.

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
lol, we all know people drive LHD's because they are considered to be normal, while in Australia everything is backwards, so you know... :D

Anyways, I should be picking my 911 next week, but I still dont know where to put my Supra :/ It's sad to let her go, but I need cash to restore 911 and also I cant squeeze many cars into my 2car garage :/

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
Yea, looks like someone has really modified and updated that car...but it looks nice!

You're taking almost the same route as me when I bought my 77' Porsche 924...it was a crappy car and I got rid of it, but whatever...you live you learn, right?

Have fun with it!

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
yep, it was "updated" but the shell is still 1965 :) thank you folks, I'll try to get you pics as soon as I have an update, first I'll start by getting original '65 stereo, releathering interior, new front end and so on :)