Votes: 27 84.4%

• Total voters

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
My new Megan Muffler:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

I have flat black high temp paint. Paint it? Or leave it? Is there a way i can paint it and keep the logo?

Mrbaboon

Jul 13, 2006
Victoria, BC
I have a black coated A'PEX N1 sitting in my garage..same design as the Megan Racing muffler. When done the shiny black at the factory it looks amazing..but I don't know how well your muffler would turn out in comparison.

And yea the paint would get peeled off over time as shit on the road hits the can.

Mrbaboon

Jul 13, 2006
Victoria, BC
theKnifeArtist said:
how much does that cost? it looks hott
what about painting just the tip? bad idea?

Mine cost me a hair over 400 canadian, taxes and shipping in. The 7" or so round clamp to hold it on was 15 dollars.

Stupid expensive, but remember you're buying somethign from A'PEX. And just looking at how perfectly machine welded it is makes you want to sit down. Is also the best sounding muffler on our engine as far as I have heard. (Nashman swore by it)

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
x87SUPRA87x said:
dont paint, at some point the paint will start to flake off anyway
i dunno why people say this... i painted my exhuast flat black before (just a 3" pipe out the back), but that exhaust is gone now... never had any issues w/ the paint... just used header paint

Attachments

• 963059054_l.jpg
    963059054_l.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 22

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
89jdm7m said:
i dunno why people say this... i painted my exhuast flat black before (just a 3" pipe out the back), but that exhaust is gone now... never had any issues w/ the paint... just used header paint
Don't even need all that.
I use rustoleum <sp> flat black.... never comes off.

The muffler and DP back exhaust isn't really hot to begin with.