my new front wheels.. oh yeah! :)

ippyness

562uned
Jun 1, 2005
Arizona
well i got my new rear front wheels today... haha. im now sportin rear mkiv wheels with 275's on all corners.. 275/40/17 nitto 555's up front. and 275/40/17 nitto 555r extreme drag radials out back.. woot. i havent seen anyone running this setup yet just thought id post it out there.. putting the wilwoods back on tomorro, hopefully will have a little more stopping power over the 235's

p922885_1.jpg

p922885_2.jpg

OH YEAH and there all getting painted.. the mix matched is horrible :p

ippyness

562uned
Jun 1, 2005
Arizona
with the way its dropped right now, it rubs if i do a u turn, but not during normal cornering, im gonna bring it up like a quarter inch to correct the issue.

ippyness

562uned
Jun 1, 2005
Arizona
depends on suspension im sure, my lex rubs hardcore, but thats because it just has springs.. the coil overs are super stiff.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
I would be willing to bet that you will rub the shit out of your inner fenders. Mine did when I had Mk4 N/A wheels. Yours extend another 3/4 of an inch further in. There isn't much you can do spacer wise to fix this. The most I would add is a 5mm and even then I don't know for sure if the tire would clear the fender. I would probably just adjust the steering stops and live with the reduced turning radius.

ippyness

562uned
Jun 1, 2005
Arizona
no, the lex hasnt gotten around to being finished yet.. haha. yeah i havent checked the inner clearance yet, my wilwoods will space it out 3 to 5 mm so we'll see, i havent had them rub yet, but if they do, yeah, ill just have to shorten the turning radius up a bit.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
It's a nice idea in theory, and would be nice if you could make them work. But I don't think they look too good, unless you at least make them match, it would look....better.

ippyness

562uned
Jun 1, 2005
Arizona
yeah they will match, when my wilwoods are installed either today or tomorrow. and i think they look alright, but with this car im aiming for performance. so wider rims/tire = larger contact patch = better stopping power with my BBK. my LEX is my pretty car :)

Last edited:

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
ippyness;922951 said:
no, the lex hasnt gotten around to being finished yet.. haha. yeah i havent checked the inner clearance yet, my wilwoods will space it out 3 to 5 mm so we'll see, i havent had them rub yet, but if they do, yeah, ill just have to shorten the turning radius up a bit.

Is that the ARZ kit? If it is I'm kinda pissed. I want to eventually buy that kit but my wheels can't be spaced out anymore. They are already 6mm further out than yours.:(

ippyness

562uned
Jun 1, 2005
Arizona
yeah its the ARZ kit, my sc was the first one to get it. He's local and I've known him for years. i also put his site together(well am still working on it). hes a great guy, and the brakes are awesome. i recommend them to EVERYONE. ha ha.