My new DD!

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
I have been looking for a good Daily driver for some time now. I only had a few cars on the list. MK2 supra, AE86 body RWD corolla, Cressida, Older Celica, 240sx, Prelude, or a civic. After finding several disapointing, torn up, riced out, or in one case two cars made into one, I found what I needed.

1993 240sx 5 speed hatchback. One PO, and BONE STOCK!:love: All work on the car was done at the local dealer, but the tire and oil changes were done at wallyworld...:cry:. All it currently needs is some rear shocks (Brand new ones in box came with it!) and a, non-crappy, radio.

Pics:
p1236644_1.jpg

p1236644_2.jpg

p1236644_3.jpg

p1236644_4.jpg

p1236644_5.jpg

p1236644_6.jpg

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
The car is in remarkable shape, and yes the dash is Perfect. Two more complaints on it though, bad speakers with crapy size 4x6 in all 4 corners. Found some adapters to put 6.5 up front so its all good.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Anyone know of any good forums for this particular car? I just want to do basic things like up keep and maybe a few bolt on upgrades(exhaust, intake, wheels, ect). Got some Infinity Kappa speakers on the way for it, and an alpine deck that needs to be wired up and installed.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
my friend's sileighty has a perfect dash, my 93 hatch however was cracked to hell..

very nice there are a few free mods you can do, rip out the resonator for the intake, tear out that ISC system (the little box putting air into the intake), peel off the tweed fabric on the front door panels (you're left with 3 tiny holes that can be filled in quite easily). Also pull out the headlight retractor button (on the left of the dash), snip the brown wire, and enjoy sleepy eyes with the simple touch of a button..:D

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Wow nice find! Looks very clean. It's hard to find a nice clean stock 240 nowadays that hasn't been riced out or had the engine blown up.

Last edited:

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
RazoE;1250633 said:
my friend's sileighty has a perfect dash, my 93 hatch however was cracked to hell..

very nice there are a few free mods you can do, rip out the resonator for the intake, tear out that ISC system (the little box putting air into the intake), peel off the tweed fabric on the front door panels (you're left with 3 tiny holes that can be filled in quite easily). Also pull out the headlight retractor button (on the left of the dash), snip the brown wire, and enjoy sleepy eyes with the simple touch of a button..:D

I aquired a CAI for it so no worries on the oem resonator. I was wondering what the hell that box was. Will It cause me to fail a exhaust emissions inspection if I delete that? I noticed it was attached to the exhaust manifold...wtf?

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Maybe, depends on your state. Nissan themselves got rid of it on the S14's and deemed it useless..

also, if you ever have the chance, remove the valve cover, and take off the timing chain guides before they break on you, another thing Nissan admitted was useless..

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
They dont look under the hood or anything like that, just a highly inaccurate sniffer test and make sure your whipers, lights, ect work. If I can ditch it I will, and thanks for the cam gear guides tip; Ill have to look into that!

Found some Half and half european signals and put them on today. Never seen anyone around here with them so I had to snag em. Dropped some 25 smh led bulbs in the marker halfs so they will be bright as hell. Now If I could only locate a factory fog light set...if they even made one.

p1250900_1.jpg

Bit by bit I'll make this car better.:naughty:

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Correct me if im wrong but it's the top timing chain guide you want to get rid of. That thing usually fails and makes all sorts of god awful noises.

And be sure that if you ever replace the timing chain guides, use REAL Nissan stuff. The ones on ebay and other cheap kits don't have metal backs and will usually break within short order.

I think you should turbo the ka. ka-t.org :naughty:

Last edited:

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
At this time it is just a DD, but it will have forced induction one way or another by this time next year.:evil2:

Thanks for the website!