My MR2 picture thread

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
88/89's were available super charged, in t-top only, unique rims, had painted mirrors (though all MR2's got them in 89) raised louvers on the engine lid, but they had heavier and stronger trannies, and the internals were forged in the engine..

145hp...

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
I just want a High comp with oil squirters.

The 2nd Gens went turbo, but seriously that car is like a pig. Its much bigger, and w ay heavier, while still being WAY FASTER.

Its like comparing an AE86 Corolla(lightweight precise) and a 240SX(Fat, understeering, rolling) While stock for stock. the 240 would whip the Corolla in a line, the corolla handles much better.

cnewingham

Sep 4, 2008
New Braunfels, TX
way to go Kyle. I love my little 2. I have a complete 4agze swap sitting in my drive way for my 87. I bought an 89 SC complete car with right qtr damage. You would not believe how easy it is to drop these motors.

Me and a couple friends went on a nice little run through the mountains and of course the mr2's were in frt of the supra.

When you gonna sell me that buddy lip!!!!

cnewingham

Sep 4, 2008
New Braunfels, TX
LongGone;1136826 said:
way to go Kyle. I love my little 2. I have a complete 4agze swap sitting in my drive way for my 87. I bought an 89 SC complete car with right qtr damage. You would not believe how easy it is to drop these motors.

Me and a couple friends went on a nice little run through the mountains and of course the mr2's were in frt of the supra.

When you gonna sell me that buddy lip!!!!

almost forgot, I am cnewingham

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Oh word, hows it goin dude!

Yeah, I picked up the 4AGZE yesterday, its an early 7 rib, with no oil squitrters :[

The head is naked too, I was under the impression it was put together a little more, but oh well, it was free lol.

So now I have 3 4A engines, slightly dissasembled and 2 complete.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
We never had oil squirters in any 4A-GZE's in North America, they got them for the update in 1990 in the AE92.

The 4A-GZE head is identical to the 4A-GE head, in fact, if/when you do the swap, just put the head from the car onto the 4A-GZE, the 85-87 has more agressive cams than the 88+.

Just did a 4A-GZE swap into my roommates AW11 this summer.

Jeff

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Cool jeff. Ill just do that then.

I just spent 2 days under the car. What I thought was an oil filter sandwich plate leak, was actually just a loose oil filter. I thought a friends girlfriend how to drive a manual trans, and I gues all the stalling knocked it loose. Oh well live and let learn, spent a lot of money for nothing, buuuutttt I did replace the oil pan gaskets(18 of 19 bolts went back in)

I found where my exhaust leak is from(loose nut on the exhaust manifold). I also tore out the AC pump(lines will come at a lter time). Now all I need is 4.4 quarts of oil and a new oil filter and she should go.

I have a distributor rebuild kit, I just need to find time to reseal that, because that leaks pretty horribly as well :/