My MKIII Build

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
Not sure, I've got an extra red emblem like you have lol. Want to trade? Or $10 bucks or whatever you think is fair. :)

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Bmettie

Apr 27, 2010
Florida
Well the day has finally come, I kinda been side tracked over the last month because I'm finally buying a house for me and the family so that has been top priority lately but the 7M is back where she belongs, all fluids filled, gone over the checklist about a thousand times in my head. I finally turn the key and nothing, the starter must have bad brushes and got worse sitting on the shelf, I put new copper contacts and plunger while it was out . Hit the key a few more times and starter turns and engine fired right up. Purring like a kitten, solid oil pressure, get it to temp, nothing leaking, out for a drive. Running very strong, feels fantastic, even got a semi when I heard the turbo spin again (been DD a NA for too long). I'm stoked, got a little stinkies from all the new paint and such getting to temp the first time but other than that things are great. :bigthumb:

p1857234_1.jpg

p1857234_2.jpg

p1857234_3.jpg

Bmettie

Apr 27, 2010
Florida
As requested: Cold start, well as cold as it can get in FL in July. The stock 440's are snapping away but the motor is purring. After break in my 560's and new fuel should be going in and I'll get another vid then.

Sorry don't know how to embed the video right here, but here's a link

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Very very nice.
I gotta say, I love the wrinkle finish on the timing cover. I was planning on wrinkling the valve covers and intake manifold, but now I think I'll include your example.

Bmettie

Apr 27, 2010
Florida
Its been awhile since I updated this so here we go:
BC264 Cams went in and shes running great.

Going standalone now so I'm switching to a COP setup, most likely 1zz coils. But I didn't want to delete the linkage and lose cruise, I like the luxury part of our sport luxury cars, so I wrapped my head around it for a while and came up with this.
0.060" Alum SHT Mockups

Now of course using a Camry throttle cable, Corolla throttle body wheel(AT stuff cut off), one lever from the original linkage, make/buy a shoulder nut and make a bracket to hold the cables at the throttle body. Still needs sandblasting and paint to pretty it all up. Might do wrinkle black here as well to match my scheme.

Cardboard for flat pattern

I thought the gussets were a little small so i made them bigger (no pic yet). Though I'm unsure if I'll even need them, I plan to bend this from 1/8 6061 Alum, so it might be strong enough by itself without gussets. I'll be making a few shoulder nuts and I'll have a flat pattern soon if anyone is interested in this as well.

And since I'm going standalone I decided to pull the harness and clean it up a bit, remove my MAFT-Pro, clean up some connectors maybe delete some, especially since this is car was born auto and converted to 5spd.

So I had it out and I was staring at it, then I decided that I'd look into make my own new harness. Well here we are now...

Dedicated shielded lines for CPS and knock sensors, I'm even doing my best to match the OEM wire coloring scheme, I changed a few mainly because I don't need 3 different white/red(or other duplicate color) wires in the harness.
And I found a great US source for replacement ECU terminals, alot of connectors. I also learned that knock sensor connectors, Body plug connectors, and more are still available from TOYOTA. I literally just opened the box from Curt. When I'm completely done with the harness I'll post up all the info I've learned. Changing 95% of the underhood connectors to Sumitomo DL series. Adding a coil pack connector so upgrading coils would be a matter of making a new 2' harness vs tearing into the main harness, thinking about adding a firewall bulkhead as well. For the life of me I can't source a 60mm grommet for the firewall, anyone find these elsewhere? It's been a fun learning experience, especially when deciphering why Toyota did certain things with there wiring. I have a full listing of a 1991 turbo automatic harness color and routing excel sheet if anyone it interested.

gats

Rebuilding... Slowly!
Mar 3, 2009
Sydney, NSW
Bmettie;2040810 said:
BC264 Cams went in and shes running great.

Did your Titan gears have a notch for the centre dowel pin location?
I've just received replacement gears from them as their last set did not fit...

And did they clear the rear timing cover plate mounting bolts OK too?

Sorry for thread-jack, project coming along nicely :)

Bmettie

Apr 27, 2010
Florida
Baseline dyno, 359/307, On wastegate spring ~10psi creeped to ~15psi. Very conservative timing and fuel to make sure I was safe, AFR actually dropped into the 10's up top. Power can only get better from here!
[video=youtube;d6DWjyzTKXI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6DWjyzTKXI[/video]

Bmettie

Apr 27, 2010
Florida
Hybrid;2048316 said:
Such a great job, keep up the good work. I really like that wiring box you made to, I want one.

I tried to access the link, but its locked. Are you able to grant access?

Also keen to know part numbers for the OEM plug ends you got from Curt if possible.

Rollus;2048330 said:
Yeah great build!

Interested in the Google drive document also. You need to set the sharing option of the file to "Anyone the the link". Check here for more details: https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2494886?hl=en
fixed