My MAP sensor is melting!

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
p1254095_1.jpg

p1254095_2.jpg

The black goo on the bottom of my MAP sensor that used to be pretty solid is melting away! I don't think it's been in contact with any harsh chemicals or any more heat than usual. Has anybody seen this, is it bad, and is there something I can do to stop it? I can see the circuit board under there just a little bit.

Thanks,
Collin

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
looks like maybe something shorted in the sensor causing it to heat up and melt.

could also possibly be a deteriorated solder joint causing increased resistance, heat, and melting.

only speculating though. id probably just ditch that one and get a new one.

double check the entire length of wiring from the connector to the ecu for any possible shorts. frayed wire, etc.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Its nothing. That is the stuff they put on it to prevent vibration/moisture of /in the circuits etc inside the map sensor. Mine has done that as well. Its the heat causing it to melt. Mount it off the manifold.

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
suprastanger507mgte;1254161 said:
Its nothing. That is the stuff they put on it to prevent vibration/moisture of /in the circuits etc inside the map sensor. Mine has done that as well. Its the heat causing it to melt. Mount it off the manifold.

Thanks, Moe! I was hoping to hear something along those lines. :)