My Lexus got hit today...Yes, the IS300

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Some guy pulled out and hit the side when I was in a traffic circle. It was completely his fault and he knew it. It was on base. I had just got off work from a nice cold night working on the flightline. Question is should I pocket the money and fix it myself like I did when my supra got hit or have it all fixed at the collision place? On with the pics....

p940029_1.jpg

p940029_2.jpg

p940029_3.jpg

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
The insurance company just called like 5 mins ago (We both have USAA, the best ever) and I have an appointment scheduled on tuesday to get it appraised. So, I guess we'll see if I can find a door at a decent price and make some money with it. I'm hoping to get enough money to get the door, some lowering springs, and chrome replacement factory wheels with it (yes, chrome. I like the way they look on the IS300.)

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
83restomod;940077 said:
let me know if you need a body shop. My father works at Foreign specialties in Manville NJ. hands down, top notch.

They good at matching paint? The guy I bought it from, him and his dad painted it and it is Pearl white with blue pearl.

Hookup? :naughty:

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Haha, I already have 3 cars and a crotchrocket. I doubt they will be giving me enough to buy your lexus. Unless you wanna cut a deal?

Kyle: I might be able to buff the fender out. It's pretty deep though. I just want a wad of cash and go from there.

Also forgot to mention the wheel is scratched up too. Good thing because it already has curb rash from the previous owner and it is bent as from what NTB told me.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
damn man that sucks, i woulda went nuts...but atleast ur getting it fixed and it wasnt too bad.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Shit mate, sorry to see that! She was so purdy! :(

Good luck getting the insurance stuff sorted and having leftover cashola in your pocket :)

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
BorHor;940122 said:
Didn't you used to have rims on that thing?

Yea, but the offset on the front was too far out for my liking. Plus, the 2 front tires both went flat on me when I was out. They were pretty bald too. So, I took them off and hope to be selling them soon.

GrimJack;940196 said:
Dog looks like he's pissed off. "Fucking cats don't know how to drive. Can't get any damn respect around here."

Haha, that's funny right there!!!

LilMissMkIII;940346 said:
Shit mate, sorry to see that! She was so purdy! :(

Good luck getting the insurance stuff sorted and having leftover cashola in your pocket :)

It'll hopefully be fixed up in no time and be sitting a little prettier in the near future.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
AF1JZ;940029 said:
Question is should I pocket the money and fix it myself like I did when my supra got hit or have it all fixed at the collision place? On with the pics....

Depends on how the numbers add up and if it's worth it to you to do the work yourself or not.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
Pearl paint is hard to match (near impossible), and you want all the panels to match.
I would work that angle and insist on a complete paint job, or the cash equivilent (big $$$'s... if you know what I mean).
This way you definitely come out a winner, and it's totally legit.

UkiSash

no mor sup :(
Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
Aw damn thats such a nice car too. But its not all that bad Im sure you can find a replacement door for a good price, and the fender, well i don't know about that. BuT ... dude your dog is fuckin Awsome !!!! looks buff as hell.. what tha heck do you feed him ?

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I suppose I could see about getting money for the whole car to be painted. That would be freakin sweet.

My dog just eats regular dog food. He's a mut (Boxer, Chow, Lab, Boxer). Best dog ever!!!

83restomod

Bryan
Feb 11, 2008
clinton NJ
AF1JZ;940085 said:
They good at matching paint? The guy I bought it from, him and his dad painted it and it is Pearl white with blue pearl.

Hookup? :naughty:

the painter there is f'n top of the f'n line. he can do anything. and yeah ill get you a hook up. one hand washes another.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Hmmm....I had the Lexus looked at yesterday by the collision center. So, I'm waiting to find out how much they are going to be giving me. I'll get ahold of you when my insurance company calls me to tell me the total they are writing the check for. Should be today or tomorrow.

I might have to buy a lip and side skirts for it if I'm going to be getting stuff painted anyways.