my lab got out of surgury ...

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
yea, about 3 yrs ago , my X found a little lump on his upper side chest ...
vett said there ftty sacs ... an if it doesnt bother him an me , there ok as long as they dont get bigger .

well, now theres 3 an a different on on his hind leg that looks like a nasty zit .. ok thats it for me , vett said they can take it off ... an Im like " do it " I aint taking chances ...

half a day stay , an he got his pain pills ...,

I feel so sad though . hes got 3 different incisions all stapled up an hes doped up ...

hes a 9 yr old yellow male lab , hes doing fine an nat ... but on top of it I just watched marley an me, an I bawled my eyes out ....

ha

so Im just chilling with my doggy an some beers ...

WILL

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Man i miss my beagle :(
He was like frankinstien from all the fights he would get into, not from other dogs but other animals (we live way out in BFE)

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
SupraMario;1475584 said:
Man i miss my beagle :(
He was like frankinstien from all the fights he would get into, not from other dogs but other animals (we live way out in BFE)

yea man ,, there like your best friend ...,, I ended up dropping 425 on his surgury an I didnt even hesitate for a second to spend that money ....

WILL

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
willfish;1475598 said:
yea man ,, there like your best friend ...,, I ended up dropping 425 on his surgury an I didnt even hesitate for a second to spend that money ....

WILL

Yea, we spent (I mean we as I was to young to pay for it so my parents did) over $2000 on him all together on surgeries. LOL, before he died his stitch/staple count was around 300ish.

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
my girlfriends dog had this same issue and they removed them a couple times. they kept coming back. after a couple times, the dog had been put to sleep several times and the vet advised not to remove them.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
keep that cone on his head as long as you can and he'll be good to go in no time.

My in-laws lab (our lab's mom) had a similar issue and she managed to get at the stitches...that wasn't pretty.

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
My Jack Russell got a cone after she chewed the tip of her tail off one week after having an accident and breaking (shattering would be more fitting) her pelvis.

She still managed to chew on her bandage... what a strange dog I have.

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
never a good time seeing pets in pain/discomfort from surgeries - my cat had a few including his tail being amputated completely due to large malignant tumours, he was also hit by an SUV but still managed to live until he was 21 :icon_eek:. definately used all of his 9 lives