My intake got stolen WTF???

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
So i have a dd of a honda delsol (mostly for the targa top :D) and the negative battery cable is loose so every once in a while i have to go up pop the hood and jiggle the ground wire.

well I went to do it yesterday and someone had stone my intake. It was just a $15 ebay intake that was on the car when i bought it (b18 in the car btw)

Is the economy really so bad that someone couldn't scrounge up the $15 for thier own? It wasn't the intake that made me mad but the fact that i have a nitrous system hooked up that i have never used (never filled the bottle) and they broke the nozzle and jets off...come on guys the parts is worthless to you without another $4-500 in nitrous parts kits and if they have a kit they should have already had a nozzle...

oh well I guess they will get theirs. just thought i'd share...and for all you wondering the supra's where not touched they get parked elsewhere.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Did you leave the hood popped? Sounds like they grabbed what they could in quick fashion. Some thieves are thieves of opportunity. They may not have left the house looking to steal something, but if they saw the hood popped, it was easy prey, or an invitation so to speak. Leave it by the street with the window down and a dollar in the seat, and see how long it sits there.

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
ForcedTorque;1409774 said:
Did you leave the hood popped? Sounds like they grabbed what they could in quick fashion. Some thieves are thieves of opportunity. They may not have left the house looking to steal something, but if they saw the hood popped, it was easy prey, or an invitation so to speak. Leave it by the street with the window down and a dollar in the seat, and see how long it sits there.

Same thing I was thinking, maybe he has hood pins on the Del Sol??

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
shit you leave the car anywhere, as long as the person has a shaved key or knowledge of the ignition system they can be gone in 60 no problem lol, lots of my friends are car thieves and they wouldnt bother with just a air intake or cd player, they just take the whole thing

steveo

Dec 15, 2008
Alberta
I know how you feel... Someone stole the faceplate of my headunit... As you all know the one is useless without the other.

But regardless... Sorry for your loss

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
no hood was not popped ,no hood pins and was actually parked face in which is why i think i know who it was...in hondas of the eg body style all you have to do is reach up in the front bumper and pull to get the hood open.

the people i think did it wheren't home all last night but if i see them in their car I'll make them pop the hood and if they wont I'll have the cops make them...

one thing i love is that washington is a state where if i catch them in the act I have every right to shoot them so they better not come back or they wont be stealing anything ever again...

shoot the little bastards. we weren't given the 2nd amendment just to clean house if the government decided they wanted to take over. we also have it to shoot criminals caught in the act, or self defense. But if you do catch them, you have to say something like "Why, you look like someone just walked over your grave."-Doc Holliday

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Rule #72 of life "People will do ANYTHING!!!!!!"

How do I know you ask, well let me tell you a tale of a man I recently arrested. I was working day shift not too long ago when a local discount store calls and makes a complaint of shoplifting, they apparently had a security video of the incident.

A adult male with a criminal history for fraud and stealing who is also on probation strolls to the vitamin aisle, opens a bottle of 60 vitamins, pokes a hole in the security seal, removes 9 vitamins and is now in jail.

So far the funniest theft I've worked as a police officer and I've been doing it less than one year.

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
sound like you need some strategicly placed razor blades, on your front end.

I had a customer come in every two weeks with her radio stolen, i asked her if any of her close family might be on drugs. she says yes my son is in and out of rehab.
so i put some blades on the back of her radio, next thing you know her son comes home with his hands all fucked up.

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
steveo;1409822 said:
I know how you feel... Someone stole the faceplate of my headunit... As you all know the one is useless without the other.

But regardless... Sorry for your loss

My buddy had a jeep and i used to mess with him by taking his radio face plate and sticking somewhere else in his jeep. like in the passenger seat cushion or something. it was funny to watch him get in and get pissed off. drunk humor lol.

Last edited: