normal_DSC_4079.jpg

And last, but not least -- the "drifting is gay" pic:
normal_DSC_4077.jpg

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
awesome shots! i love them! that car is probably one of my favorite mk3's. its not the fastest, the best looking, but it is built for a purpose and driven for fun. now i just need to practice some more and with luck and patience learn to drive half as good as that :bowdown:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
now thats badass, how much rubber you go through in during a meet like that? looks like you got the skill down pretty much, with the hand out of the window there.

Eric_Odie

Apr 17, 2005
Fremont, Ca.
www.cardomain.com
very nice.... i noticed you don't use much braking, do you just let off the throttle when you feint then jump back on it to kick out the rear? that's what it seems like to me. I'm just asking cause i've been trying a few things lately, trying to get my "style" down...

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
Pretty much. At those speeds it was pretty much just power-over with a bit of feinting. I've kind of tied my hands as I won't clutch-kick anymore (tired of replacing transmission/clutches) and I don't like hand braking. The mk3 is a hard car to do a true braking drift in (at least mine) unless you're going much faster. So feinting and/or slamming on/off the gas abruptly seems to work best for me.

I need to work on getting more angle sooner and holding it longer. I just have problems with tight/technical stuff. Big, flowing sweepers are the most fun

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
:aigo: awesome vid! the car looked so nimble. you definatly need to make some more/longer vids the next time you go out to an event. Siman, you need to go out and make a vid as well! or at least get some action shots of that car. i cant wait to get my coilovers on the car and dump my konis/st's. i have a nice set of winter tires on the sawblades that need to be punished this weekend.