My Head Lights Aren't Working!!!

MK_rider

Nov 17, 2007
wisconsin
Alright, heres the story. both my head lights were working fine until one night, my left light went out. The next day, i checked both of them again and my left headlight was still out. So i give it a little tap, and then it came on. Then yesterday, when i was going to go for a little cruise, it was dead again; same one. when i tapped it again, it didn't come on at all. I got new ones and i installed it and my left one was still dead. I am sooo frustrated. i didn't know what it was. i think it is the wiring. Any ideas?....sorry for the long story.

Ps. It's an 87t

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
They have a fuse for each light in the fusebox under the hood.

The headlight relay is also there, but there is an Intergration Realy that is under the dash that's blue and is about the size of a deck of cards that can also fail.

With one headlight being the issue, it's gonna be wiring and not the relay, at least in my experience...

MK_rider

Nov 17, 2007
wisconsin
Poodles;984686 said:
They have a fuse for each light in the fusebox under the hood.

The headlight relay is also there, but there is an Intergration Realy that is under the dash that's blue and is about the size of a deck of cards that can also fail.

With one headlight being the issue, it's gonna be wiring and not the relay, at least in my experience...

So the headlight fuses are under the hood. Alright thanks for the tips.

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
MK_rider;981869 said:
Alright, heres the story. both my head lights were working fine until one night, my left light went out. The next day, i checked both of them again and my left headlight was still out. So i give it a little tap, and then it came on. Then yesterday, when i was going to go for a little cruise, it was dead again; same one. when i tapped it again, it didn't come on at all. I got new ones and i installed it and my left one was still dead. I am sooo frustrated. i didn't know what it was. i think it is the wiring. Any ideas?....sorry for the long story.

Ps. It's an 87t

The wiring behind the headlight can corrode and short out. You can purchase a repair harness from the toyota dealer and wire it in to replace the plastic plug that goes to the back of your headlight. Ill bet that is your problem.

MK_rider

Nov 17, 2007
wisconsin
p5150;984835 said:
The wiring behind the headlight can corrode and short out. You can purchase a repair harness from the toyota dealer and wire it in to replace the plastic plug that goes to the back of your headlight. Ill bet that is your problem.

Do you know how much it will cost?. I looked into it and it was dirty. i tried cleaning it out but it still didn't work.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
You can get that plug from any autoparts store...

The "dirt" is normal dielectric grease, use an electical connector cleaner and then put new grease in and see if it helps.

MK_rider

Nov 17, 2007
wisconsin
Alright guys, i found the problem. It was that plug. One wire was cut and the the electric was wasn't flowing. Thanks guys for the advice. I'll check at an auto parts store.