My florida trip turned into a free project!!!!! UPDATED WITH PICS!!!

bombinuass

Mar 20, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
So me and my Fiancee had been planning to go down to florida for a few months now... and i get the supra ready to drive so we go down and im there meeting her moms half of the family and i walk outside to go smoke a cigg and i look to my right and i see a taillight glowing in the moonlight. I thought to myself that looks JUST like a supra taillight. So i decide to walk over there... I pull the palm tree back and its a 1986.5 NA Brown on Brown leather interior Hardtop. I about died. because im over here at her aunts house lol. *family* lol So i run back into the house before even looking at it very well. I said How much you want for that brown car out there. She said "ohhh that old thing?" "Shit that things been there for 9 years, You can have it." So i about had a heart attack. so i run outside and actually start inspecting it. NO rust, NO dents. Needs a hatch cuz some kid shot the window out with a BB gun but the spare tire well isnt rusted too bad. the WHOLE inside of the car is moldy and cobwebs. BUT CLEANABLE. THE DASH IS IN PERFECT SHAPE. THE door panels are uncracked and in great shape. the seats are trashed. The steering wheel looks almost brand new. i was like WTF??? lol so i pop the hood. The intake manifold is off the car. so i go to her husband and asked what happened he said he bought it with a BHG 10 years ago and bought a 7mge out of a cressida and swapped oil pan and pump and thats all he finished from the swap. never put motor in completly because someone in his family got sick. car sat ever since. so im thinking a few gaskets and some tlc and ill have a running decent condition supra.:) Ill post pics up here later today. i took plenty. :):love:

Last edited:

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
omagah, you turd hurry up with those pics lol, super freakin duper find man, uuugh i get excited FOR ppl at crap like this lol

Dingoboy

Dec 25, 2009
Tampa, FL
Excellent vacation! What part of FL? How long was it sitting there with no rear glass? The way it rains down here, that's gotta be some superfly funk up in there.

bombinuass

Mar 20, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
Dingoboy;1610025 said:
Excellent vacation! What part of FL? How long was it sitting there with no rear glass? The way it rains down here, that's gotta be some superfly funk up in there.
Theres deff. some superfly funk growin in the hatch.... but nothin some soap and water wont fix:) and it was in dixie county.. ill have the pics up today i had to format my comp last night..

colin39

May 12, 2010
SUNNY CANVEY ESSEX
goodluck to ya buddy, make sure ya pull all that boot appart check for rot. And watch out for supafly funk that bits back :aigo:
hope ya can get it all sorted:biglaugh: i love florida back again july next year for 3 weeks, cant wait.

bombinuass

Mar 20, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
limequat;1610219 said:
Good luck, I hope you can bring one back from the dead.

i will. and i plan too for under 100$. im thinkin manifold gaskets some hoses and vac lines and it will run. ohhh and i didnt say run good... i said run... means its not dead:) lol

7EMPIRE

Feb 23, 2010
Raliegh
that is so much like what happen to me its funny.i goto to my aunts house im coming up the driveway and we pass the garage and right in the corner is my:evil2: 1989 toyota supra and 6 months later i bought it from my cousin.not free but damn cheap!:biglaugh:

bombinuass

Mar 20, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
Imma turn this into a resurrection thread... can i get a mod to move this to the build section? i wont have the car up here for a month or so but ive already started ordering gaskets.... and imma take pics of EVERYTHING i do...

karmasupra

May 9, 2005
Macon, GA
Congrats on the find.:icon_bigg I haven't forgot about you and the motor. You should have swung by when you came through and you could have checked it out and took it for a spin.

bombinuass

Mar 20, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
karmasupra;1610652 said:
Congrats on the find.:icon_bigg I haven't forgot about you and the motor. You should have swung by when you came through and you could have checked it out and took it for a spin.

damn. lol i actually forgot bout you... lol but i still want it. imma drop it in this na here:)
ohhh and how can i get ahold of you?