My first S2000vs88T

SidewayzSupra

Mar 30, 2005
Puyallup
Well I was waiting in the Wendys drive through waiting to tear up the dollar menu checking out this Evo in front of me. Leaving the drive through I catch up to this Evo heading toward the freeway. I figured I'd play around with him, haven't tried one of them yet. When I noticed he was behind this tricked out looking '04or05" S2000 which had a decal kit on it and big ass dual exhaust,rimmed,etc... While merging onto the freeway I get stuck behind traffic while the S2000&Evo tear away. I said screw this and squeezed around traffic and caught up with the S2000(Evo got stuck in traffic) So we are heading South on 512 and my Exit is next so I hurring to get it on the action. I get right up behind this S2000 and I can hear him shifting down about 3 gears and black smoke starts pouring out so I hit 3rd and instantly pull up beside him and start creaping past him until I got about a car length then we hit traffic.(Now I did this kill again w/targa in the trunk and we all know thats like having a wind sock). He starts slowing down again wanting to go so we slow to about 45 which sucks because I'm at 3k in 3rd and I know if I try to throw it in 2nd I'll miss(short shifter/tranny going out) most likely. So we take off and gets a small jump on me but I still find the space to catch up and start taking a lead before traffic. I then saw my exit and he honked and waived. Funny thing is I know he's thinking damn those old school bastards. Another funny thing on my way home from work today I pulled up to that same Evo in my mini truck and bs'd a little about the S2000 he said it was his friends and he's pushing around 300hp. Not enough though Later-T
Kills:96 GSR Integra, 92 Turbo Hatch, 2x350Z,300ZXN/A(girlfriend driving),chrystler Prowler, mustang v-slow, VR-4. GST Eclipse,96 Integra w/H22,WRX wagon,95 BMW M3,'04'S2000 Other no power mentions
Close calls:'03' Mustang SVT-would of killed me if I let him by, kept him behind me up to 130mph(traffic)
Loses:sad to say 98 Turbo Hatch pushing over 300hp. When I was all stock

91TURBOSUPRA

Apr 2, 2005
ct
nice kill bro i though hondas were good at high rpms cause of their VTEC....wich my friend that has a hatchback with gsr in it keeps on tellingme that its faster than my supra.....since i just rebuilt mymotor i cant prove anything yet but i will!!

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
After reading all threads started by this guy and looking at his profile.... he's on a stock non-upgraded turbo, no fuel support, no tuning, no boost contol (but running 15psi) and his supra is farrrrr from stock. I would now like to take this moment and say that all of the kill stories sidewayzsupra writes
are all :bsflag:

Thank you.

P.S. If by some chance you have upgraded or already have a bigger turbo or new mods, please provide proof in this thread, so I can shut my mouth.

P.S.S. I will continue to raise the bs flag in all of your kill posts, untill further notice.

Last edited:
L

lanky189

CtSupra said:
After reading all threads started by this guy and looking at his profile.... he's on a stock non-upgraded turbo, no fuel support, no tuning, no boost contol (but running 15psi) and his supra is farrrrr from stock. I would now like to take the time and say that all of the kill stories he writes are :bsflag:

Thankyou.

P.S. If by some chance you have upgraded or already have a bigger turbo or new mods, please provide proof in this thread, so I can shut my mouth.

Im with ya CT.
I find it hard to beleive.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
im sorry but unless you have 400+... a 300hp s2000 will destroy you...

i ran one with an exhaust the other day in my friends 320hp 1jz...and i pulled but not quickly... they are VERY light....and they rev to like fucking 9k....which would mean you would have to have around 400-450hp to pull away from a 300hp s2000...

and on a stock turbo...thats NOT possible...

SidewayzSupra

Mar 30, 2005
Puyallup
I think this is a kill section not a talk bullshit on other supra section. First I never said I was running 15psi more like 12.5psi. and thats on a new ct-26 with a 5 washer shimmed wastegate. If you don't believe me fine I know and my girfriend knows what I did in my car. I have a completely rebiult motor,new hone,chromoly rings,HKS hg,ARP studs,MSD wires,NGK plugs,intercooler hardpipes/greddy bov, flex-a-lite fans,full 3" exhaust from turbo back,synthetic motor,tranny, and rear end fluid,short shifter,tein coils, cold air intake through front bumper,maf mod, 2"c/f cowl hood which keeps everything cool and sheds 30pds, no rear interior past front seats. Sorry about your friends 1jz.Torque wins races not hp. Also S2000 are 240hp stock and as far as I know he only had exhaust. Do your research before you talk shit. I dynoed 242rwhp at 8.5psi before shimming up to 12.5psi and a couple other tweaks. So I'd say I'm around 275rwhp compared to 197rwhp stock S2000. Sorry for you known believers but keep it to yourself or step up. I'm pretty much running everything JerzeySlow is running but not quiet as much boost yet.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
SidewayzSupra said:
I think this is a kill section not a talk bullshit on other supra section. First I never said I was running 15psi more like 12.5psi. and thats on a new ct-26 with a 5 washer shimmed wastegate. If you don't believe me fine I know and my girfriend knows what I did in my car. I have a completely rebiult motor,new hone,chromoly rings,HKS hg,ARP studs,MSD wires,NGK plugs,intercooler hardpipes/greddy bov, flex-a-lite fans,full 3" exhaust from turbo back,synthetic motor,tranny, and rear end fluid,short shifter,tein coils, cold air intake through front bumper,maf mod, 2"c/f cowl hood which keeps everything cool and sheds 30pds, no rear interior past front seats. Sorry about your friends 1jz.Torque wins races not hp. Also S2000 are 240hp stock and as far as I know he only had exhaust. Do your research before you talk shit. I dynoed 242rwhp at 8.5psi before shimming up to 12.5psi and a couple other tweaks. So I'd say I'm around 275rwhp compared to 197rwhp stock S2000. Sorry for you known believers but keep it to yourself or step up. I'm pretty much running everything JerzeySlow is running but not quiet as much boost yet.

umm you owned yourself like 5 times in that very badly formed excuse of a paragraph.

1) so you have NOTHING performance aside from an intake an exhaust...
2) youre running LESS PSI then we thought...
3) all the stuff removed still leaves your car at or above 3500lbs...especially if you had your gf with you
4) first you say a stock s2000 makes 240hp...then its makes 197hp?
5) first you say the guy said the s2000 had around 300hp now it was basically stock?
6) torque will get you going...hp keeps you going...why are you sorry about my friends 1jz? because it would whoop the living hell outta your car anytime?

ok...so as per your request...i did my "HOMEWORK AND RESEARCH"

heres what i came up with....

YOU: 300hp (im being VERY generous) 3500lbs (again being VERY generous)
HIM: 250hp (assuming he wasnt stock...halfway between rwhp of stock car and what the guy said of 300hp) 2700lbs

not to mention they have redlines at around 9k rpm...meaning you would almost go through two gears before hes done with one...

BOTTOM LINE: either youre full of shit...or his engine is fucked and hes a shitty driver...OR the more then likely reason... HE WASNT RACING!!!

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
I took it upon myself to do some research, for the benefit of those individuals who think that Honda S-2000's are "wicked fast". In 2000, their 0-60 was a respectable 5.5 seconds, and the 1/4 mile went by @ 14.2. In 2003, their 0-60 swelled to 6.3 seconds, and the 1/4 took 14.9 (traps were all in the low to mid 90's) By comparison, my "almost stock" 91T (auto) ran a 14.42 @ 97.86. Now, my 18 year old son was driving it, trying not to break dad's car, and with piss poor RT's and 60 ft times, he could have taken out any stock S-2000, with a lb. more of boost. I had him at 11.5 psi that night because of some ongoing detonation issues, probably a boost leak. This I know for sure, Sidewayz car hauls ass! He walked all over me three times, from about a 30mph roll through about 120mph, a 50 roll to about 100 with me gettin' the jump on him, and one that was somewhere around 60, up to about 110mph. If you don't already know that alot of racing is the driver, then you got alot to learn! The kid can drive, and his car is fast! So go put up your stupid BS flag somewhere else, or bring your asses up to Portland in July, and we'll find out about numbers! :thefinger
Figures sourced from MT, C&D and R&T
My son pointed out that his rt on that run was .21!

Last edited:
L

lanky189

ooook folks.. welcome to the kill section, where you post kills and details and people either say good kill or disagree...

remain calm as all opinnions are welcome, just as you say to not bother posting..i say don't bother reading! its a public forum, calm down

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
91T breezen' said:
I took it upon myself to do some research, for the benefit of those individuals who think that Honda S-2000's are "wicked fast". In 2000, their 0-60 was a respectable 5.5 seconds, and the 1/4 mile went by @ 14.2. In 2003, their 0-60 swelled to 6.3 seconds, and the 1/4 took 14.9 (traps were all in the low to mid 90's) By comparison, my "almost stock" 91T (auto) ran a 14.42 @ 97.86. Now, my 18 year old son was driving it, trying not to break dad's car, and with piss poor RT's and 60 ft times, he could have taken out any stock S-2000, with a lb. more of boost. I had him at 11.5 psi that night because of some ongoing detonation issues, probably a boost leak. This I know for sure, Sidewayz car hauls ass! He walked all over me three times, from about a 30mph roll through about 120mph, a 50 roll to about 100 with me gettin' the jump on him, and one that was somewhere around 60, up to about 110mph. If you don't already know that alot of racing is the driver, then you got alot to learn! The kid can drive, and his car is fast! So go put up your stupid BS flag somewhere else, or bring your asses up to Portland in July, and we'll find out about numbers! :thefinger

first off...if you think ROLL RACING is more about the driver then about the cars ability then YOU have a lot to learn. granted a miss shift or shifting in the incorrect spots doesnt help the situation...a roll race is about 90% straight up which car is faster...

and he admittedly only put down 245 at 8psi...and to give him the benefit of the doubt at 12psi ill give him the 300rwhp. NOW...according to HIM he raced a s2000 that had about 300hp....THIS IS WHERE IM CALLING THE BS....take note...if it was a stock s2000 yeah i think a 300hp mk3 could take it... BUT HE SAID it was around 300hp s2000.... so this means hes saying his 300hp heavy car beat a 300hp light car...and that is impossible....

soooo HE needs to make up his mind on what he raced...then maybe we can get the correct story.

if you asked me...he tried to bloat the win at the end of his story saying the guy said it was 300hp....then he got called on it by all of us...and now you guys are backtracking to it "was only stock"

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
91T breezen' said:

Excuse me, but I don't get where people can compare road racing with drag strip racing. I'll let that simmer for a second.

ahh damnit, i gtg, so i'll finish this later.

remember this is friendly argument.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Okay, I've calmed down a bit, and remembered that this was a friendly argument! I just wanted to let you know that he's not bullshittin', if he say's he killed it, it's because he did! It's pretty obvious that the S-2000 guy was probably exaggerating his hp, as alot of them do. I know they are pretty quick, and sound the part too. There was one that night at the track,he ran a 13.80 something, and then a 13.60 something on a breakout run. I talked to him for a couple of minutes, to find out his mods. He said, exhaust w/header, intake, fuel chip, short shifter, clutch and a couple of other small mods. Well, I did the mental math, an 03=$35,000-$37,000. Add in the mods, roughly another $1500-$2500, and that translates to 13.60 et. I paid $4800 for my car, my mods have set me back another $1500. All I would have needed to do to run with the Honda, is turn up the boost. But I was being conservative, because of the detonation problem. Oh yeah, I'm way off topic again! Good kill bro!

SidewayzSupra

Mar 30, 2005
Puyallup
Thanks Tom, and sorry folks for me getting a little worked up. The guys friend(not owner) said he was around 300hp most likely motor and with my 275rwhp its more likely I have around 330hp at the motor. And yes his redlines at 9k but that doesn't mean he's making power all the way up to that. We all know our max hp comes around 5,700 not 6,500rpms. Also being turbo our power is on the top end. On an added note his top was down and he also had a passenger who was about a 220pd man. If any one wants to race for fun I can bring out the big guns and roll something else out of my garage. Later-T P.S. Fun racing you Tom

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
SidewayzSupra said:
Thanks Tom, and sorry folks for me getting a little worked up. The guys friend(not owner) said he was around 300hp most likely motor and with my 275rwhp its more likely I have around 330hp at the motor. And yes his redlines at 9k but that doesn't mean he's making power all the way up to that. We all know our max hp comes around 5,700 not 6,500rpms. Also being turbo our power is on the top end. On an added note his top was down and he also had a passenger who was about a 220pd man. If any one wants to race for fun I can bring out the big guns and roll something else out of my garage. Later-T P.S. Fun racing you Tom

just for the record... s2000's actually need to rev to just about redline to make their peak power...

suprarcr89

The Juggernaut has my old
good kill. hey not trying to start something but who are we to say he did or didnt beat the s2000. we werent there he was just sharing his story. usually i dont post in threads were arguments are ongoing. but we all know how people estimate on there friends hp numbers..usually over what they actually have. we have got a car where we live that everyone says has over 400 but no one has any dyno numbers that i have seen to back it up and his track times arent that impressive if he actually has that hp... but all that aside 91t breezen quoted that the s2000 had a 0-60 of 5.5 stock thats decent my car at 9psi with intake and open 2.5" exhaust did 0-60 in 5.7. so with 3 inch and 12 lbs it would be quite a bit quicker. and i do realize that 0-60 numbers are alot different than a highway pulls. the s2000 was probably pretty much stock but friend was bragging and was more than likely over estimating..

just my .02