my first races in my 90 turbo

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
well i only have had my 90 turbo targa for like 2 weeks. And of theses 2 weeks ITS BEEN RAINING NON STOP!!!. Anyways went to a nearby town where street racing is big. Anyways we all know how much fun it is to race in the rain :thumbsdow . So anyways raced what look like a 1994 or 1995 mustang Cobra SVT. Pull up to the light he revs his massive engine I do too. light turns green I floor it he floors it i beat him off the line shift into second gear turbo spools up and I tail fish becuases of the wet pavement and so does he, so here we are both of us tailfishing in the rain but Im slightly ahead by half a car length. We both just stop after the hige tailfishing becuases its pretty stupid racing in the rain. He pulls over and im like is that a real cobra and he like yupper its a SVT cobra. HE like I should have tooled u but this rain is too shitty he says wait till its dry then we will do another run sometime. So he takes off I keep cruzing pull up to this shitty banged up falling apart sunfire GT. I had been following him for awhile and ever time he floor it he try to fly by me but i step on it in 3rd and just fly by him. Once we met the light though.... we go it turns green and he beats me off the line and keeps goign becuses im tailfishing too bad :icon_frow . So yeah I maged to beat a SVT cobra in the rain and lossed to a FWD POS sunfire GT. lol one fucked up night of racing. Can't wait till the weather gets nice and the roads are dry then we can actually have some fair races and c what my supra can do. I guess u wouldn't even call theses races more or less just stupid, but whatever thought I would share.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
NEVER race in the rain. :( you're endangering your life, others lives, and your new car's life!

-shaeff

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
IJ. said:
:nuts: Statistic waiting to happen....

lmao...nice one...

racing in the rain is stupid! you have been waiting for this car for how long? and now you have it and are risking losing it and possibly more WHY?!

come on have a little common sense.... :rant2:

suprarcr89

The Juggernaut has my old
I dont even like driving the supra in the rain much less racing it.. too dangerous.. wait till it dries up and keep it safe....

I had a friend who had a 91 supra turbo with open 2 1/2 exhuast with magnaglow muffler, K&N intake and 10 psi.
he raced a 98 cobra convertable they were dead even till about a 100mph then the supra pulled a hood length and they both shut the cars down...

but wait till it dries up....then go find em but be ready because they are by no means slow. take it easy

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
don't worry wasn't goign to fast i was only around 40 km or so and the street was pretty wide and was double lane and stuff plus there wasn't a sole in sight it was like 1 in the moring. I was just messing around im not stupid enough to endarge me or my car. Though as soon as it drys up i will be posting alot of kills in the kill section :drool:

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
yea i dont race in the rain, mainly cus no one is wiling,

when it rains dude, go out and find yourself a nice big parking lot and just whail on it till the oil gets stuck up top then i turn it off, let the oil seep down, then go again.

just be wary of gas on the corner if you havent noticed that punch from the turbo is pretty damn scary in a corner