My First 1JZ Dyno Numbers

apexi287

Jul 24, 2005
Knoxville, TN
So I finally got my 1J on the dyno since it was swapped in. The first attempt about a month ago was a no go due to a slipping clutch, but this time everything was good. It was just a dyno day at the local performance shop 3 pulls for $35, and each of them were consistent with each other no real changes in performance. At the end of all 3 pulls I made 370rwhp and 380trq untuned. I'm running out of fuel at top end around 12-13 A/F, I need to swap in some larger injectors and my walbro pump.

My setup is currently:
Full 3" exhaust y-pipe back(Blitz Nur-Spec)
FMIC with 2.5" Piping Large Core
DM $10 Intake
DM Lightweight Flywheel
Southbend 6-puck clutch
Running at 16psi

I'm being really optimistic but how strong this motor feels with some larger injectors, fuel pump and good tune on an AFC I'm hoping to get near 500hp. We shall see:evil2:.

Dyno Graph:
p1025836_1.jpg

Short Vid:

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
You'll need a turbo upgrade for 500, and cams wouldn't hurt either. You may can get 500rwhp on an safc, but a Stinger would help you out a lot. Ask me how I know.

apexi287

Jul 24, 2005
Knoxville, TN
7MsuprO;1025971 said:
Stock twins?

Yup still on the stock twins. They are starting to blow some oil, well they were ever since I had the motor but i only loose maybe a 1/4 of a quart between oil changes.

apexi287

Jul 24, 2005
Knoxville, TN
suprahero;1026021 said:
You'll need a turbo upgrade for 500, and cams wouldn't hurt either. You may can get 500rwhp on an safc, but a Stinger would help you out a lot. Ask me how I know.

Yeah i figured i made need to upgrade, but i really wanna see what I can get out of the stockers just to see. I have another DD so if they blow in order to see what I can push then so be it. I really like the twins and I'm going to be sticking with them once I upgrade i really want gt28rs's but with money in mind I may just do 20g's for now but we'll see. As for the safc, it'll get tunning started for me then later on I'll get a stinger when I swap out for larger turbos. And hopefully I'll find some 2J cams on the boards when i have some cash gathered up:naughty:.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Save up for the twin gt28's. I'm pretty sure they're worth the wait. The gt20's would be o.k., but you'll outgrow them too fast. Good luck, and congrats on the very respectable numbers.

apexi287

Jul 24, 2005
Knoxville, TN
suprahero;1026097 said:
Save up for the twin gt28's. I'm pretty sure they're worth the wait. The gt20's would be o.k., but you'll outgrow them too fast. Good luck, and congrats on the very respectable numbers.

That's what I think I will do, I just need to buckle down and be happy with the power I'm making for now and try not to rush to get more power, when I know I'll just outgrow the 20gs in short notice. But I'm sure like everyone on here knows power is addicting, my goals always change:biglaugh:.

BTW how'd everything go with your supra after you left Texas?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I made it home safely, which is more than we though when we left. I drove most of the way back at about 90-100 with four broke pistons. Ryan drove some of the way, but he kept it at around 85mph. We drove straight through for about eleven hours. We had to stop every one hundred miles and add a quart of oil to the car. We got pulled over for doing ninety and having my flshers on. When the woman cop got out of her car, I revv'd it up and blew black smoke all over her car. She felt sorry for me and told me to be careful. No ticket or warning at all, except to turn my hazzards off.
I installed my engine back in my car today after rebuilding it. You'll have to check it out in my 1.5jz build.

apexi287

Jul 24, 2005
Knoxville, TN
suprahero;1026119 said:
I made it home safely, which is more than we though when we left. I drove most of the way back at about 90-100 with four broke pistons. Ryan drove some of the way, but he kept it at around 85mph. We drove straight through for about eleven hours. We had to stop every one hundred miles and add a quart of oil to the car. We got pulled over for doing ninety and having my flshers on. When the woman cop got out of her car, I revv'd it up and blew black smoke all over her car. She felt sorry for me and told me to be careful. No ticket or warning at all, except to turn my hazzards off.
I installed my engine back in my car today after rebuilding it. You'll have to check it out in my 1.5jz build.

Damn doesn't sound like fun, I'm glad to hear you're getting it all back together though, your lucky with that cop my luck i would have been arrested or something lol. I'll definitely check out the thread.

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
Nice numbers on that engine, see I sell good clips:icon_razz High EGT's will kill stock twins, and on stock injectors at those boost levels is bound to happen. As far as turbos go, twin GT2530's is a better choice for a 550 rwhp set up, that will give you ultimate response and little lag. Best cam setup is HKS 264 with a set of 550cc injectors to get you to your 500 RWHP goal. :evil2: with that setup you will have a smile from ear to ear.

Go torqueless 1jz! :sarcasm:

apexi287

Jul 24, 2005
Knoxville, TN
soapra;1026283 said:
Nice numbers on that engine, see I sell good clips:icon_razz High EGT's will kill stock twins, and on stock injectors at those boost levels is bound to happen. As far as turbos go, twin GT2530's is a better choice for a 550 rwhp set up, that will give you ultimate response and little lag. Best cam setup is HKS 264 with a set of 550cc injectors to get you to your 500 RWHP goal. :evil2: with that setup you will have a smile from ear to ear.

Go torqueless 1jz! :sarcasm:

I will have to agree with you this clip was the best car decision I've made it's amazing and runs very strong! I thank you once again for such a quality clip. As for my goal I will definitely look into those gt2530's, I haven't had a chance to do so yet. As for the cams and injectors I am looking to scout out some 550s but don't know who all caries them, and the cams I'll probably be going with the 264 or one similar.

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
apexi287;1026378 said:
I will have to agree with you this clip was the best car decision I've made it's amazing and runs very strong! I thank you once again for such a quality clip. As for my goal I will definitely look into those gt2530's, I haven't had a chance to do so yet. As for the cams and injectors I am looking to scout out some 550s but don't know who all caries them, and the cams I'll probably be going with the 264 or one similar.

I got some drop in 550's :naughty: and also some HKS new in box 264 cams. :evil2:

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
apexi287;1026378 said:

use the resister from your 7m (or buy one cheap), and use usdm 2jzgte 550cc injectors. I called around to all the 2jz tuner shops and they all seemed to have a set around. The lowest was $140 from MVP (I believe).
Call the following shops.....
MVP motorsports
sound performance
WOTM
and Titan

That is a $200 recipe for 550cc injectors

apexi287

Jul 24, 2005
Knoxville, TN
soapra;1026577 said:
I got some drop in 550's :naughty: and also some HKS new in box 264 cams. :evil2:

How much? Seriously, I may have to pick those up depending on price I'm kinda tight on cash but I'd buy anything from you. I love this 1J:naughty: and your a great guy lol.

apexi287

Jul 24, 2005
Knoxville, TN
gilberjj;1026822 said:
use the resister from your 7m (or buy one cheap), and use usdm 2jzgte 550cc injectors. I called around to all the 2jz tuner shops and they all seemed to have a set around. The lowest was $140 from MVP (I believe).
Call the following shops.....
MVP motorsports
sound performance
WOTM
and Titan

That is a $200 recipe for 550cc injectors

I'll definitely keep that in mind after I talk with Jose to see what he's got for me.