My Door Open Light Stays ON !!!!

Supra-Man18

Nov 24, 2007
miami
Why the hell would it just start doing this out of no-where.. everything was fine.. so i changed the sensors and it was the same.. i grounded both of the cables off.. with the same result... I decided to give up there n come to the pros ? what next ?

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
your doors might be loose and not making complete contact with the rubber grommet that gets pushed in..

this was happening on my passenger side door, and my temporary solution (which is still there to this day, almost 3 years later) was to put a piece of double sided tape on the part of the door that pushes the sensor in, and another piece on the button, but I didn't take the plastic off the tape on the outsides, otherwise they'd stick together when I closed the door..

so yeah, you might wanna tighten the bolts on your door...

Supra-Man18

Nov 24, 2007
miami
RazoE;1178918 said:
your doors might be loose and not making complete contact with the rubber grommet that gets pushed in..

this was happening on my passenger side door, and my temporary solution (which is still there to this day, almost 3 years later) was to put a piece of double sided tape on the part of the door that pushes the sensor in, and another piece on the button, but I didn't take the plastic off the tape on the outsides, otherwise they'd stick together when I closed the door..

so yeah, you might wanna tighten the bolts on your door...

that rubber gromet is grounded off when the door closes correct ? I grounded them both off to get the light off n still nothing.. I changed them also w/ the same result...

Supra-Man18

Nov 24, 2007
miami
my dome light is removed.. its just the ring around the key-hole and the red dash light.. but it manages to kill my battery cause i dont drive it that much.. and it pisses me off lol...what else can cause this ?

cool chuck

I like rims!
Nov 15, 2007
Maryland
When you push in the door light switch with your hand, does the light turn off? If yes then the door might not be fully engaging the switch.
I took the rubber cover off and put a nut at the end of the switch and recovered it with the rubber. So now the switch gets pushed all the way in when I close the door. Kinda crazy, but it works.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Pulling the bulb would cause battery drain, if you really did have a door not closed properly, or your hatch not latched. I couldn't get that cygnus page to load, so I don't know if it will help. I've got one free sensor if you can't fix it, and narrow it down to which door it is. I'm not sure which door it came from, but I was just looking at it the other day.

Supra-Man18

Nov 24, 2007
miami
Right now its neither of the doors for sure.. pushing them in did not get the light off and grounding them off did no better.. BUT i never tried the HATCH i never played with.. where is the hatch sensor..

Supra-Man18

Nov 24, 2007
miami
jetjock;1201650 said:
The hatch courtesy switch isn't connected to Integration Relay #1. Put in a less technical way, it can't have anything to do with your problem...

Damn that was my hope.. lol What else can be at fault ?