My DD wont stay running

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
I have a 93 eclipse gs for a dd and its acting funny. It will run until it worms up and then the check engine light comes on and dies. It was flooding out because of a bad injector but I changed the injecter, Know I think its the idle air control valve.

Need Input.....................

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
CE1_ew_bunch_LR.jpg

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
daledoe;1040251 said:
I have a 93 eclipse gs for a dd and its acting funny. It will run until it worms up and then the check engine light comes on and dies. It was flooding out because of a bad injector but I changed the injecter, Know I think its the idle air control valve.

Need Input.....................

seriously, why the hell would you ask about a DSM on a supra forum?

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
Because all fuel injection works almost the same :) Oh..and because almost every DSM forum is a joke. If its running good then once it warms up, that means its got something to do with closed loop operation most likely. Check your O2 sensors, coolant temperature sensor, and see if you can pull codes. Always pull codes cause there is a very good chance the ecu knows whats wrong

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Clueless;1041886 said:

#1. It's the Other Cars (Non - Supra) section, which means that it could be about OTHER CARS, that AREN'T a SUPRA.

#2. Some people on this forum could also have the car, or could have had it in the past, or know someone in real life who has it that could help.

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
Clueless;1041886 said:

Because its my only way to get to work right know. I know it sucks and slow as hell a but its better then walking. I thought someone might know something!!!!

I did post in off topic

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
Isphius;1041935 said:
Because all fuel injection works almost the same :) Oh..and because almost every DSM forum is a joke. If its running good then once it warms up, that means its got something to do with closed loop operation most likely. Check your O2 sensors, coolant temperature sensor, and see if you can pull codes. Always pull codes cause there is a very good chance the ecu knows whats wrong

I know the o2 sensor is new. Ive been busy and so I hevent pulled the codes yet my friend with a scan tool is hart to find. That will explane alot tho. I was hoping someone has had the some problem before!!

BlindRonin

Where are my pants!
Feb 27, 2006
St. Louis Missouri
You can have them pull codes at your local part store (they cant or shouldnt erase them) just ask if they will do it for you. after you scan tell us the codes and me or someone else that works in a shop can get you the Full read out. :)

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
you cant "pull" codes from an eclipse... you connect a voltmeter to the two connectors and then watch how many times it "blips" it shoots out and then thats the code.

is it a turbo or non turbo? either way its FWD, but is it auto or stick too?

and check the coolant temperature sensor, my friend has the same problem because he has an e-fan wired to a switch, and his car gets a little hot sometimes so the check engine light would come on, but then go away.

BlindRonin

Where are my pants!
Feb 27, 2006
St. Louis Missouri
I dont know much about Eclipses but are you sure ther is NO datalink connection to be made? Being a 93 there should be? all other cars from 91 to present had some data link. of course obd1/2 arent there but there should be a Mitsubishi adapter. You can get Flash/spike codes by jumpering on most older vehicals.

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
Rennat is right but there is an diagnostic port and I'm doing that tomorrow. I worked on it for like 6 hours today. I took a running eclipse and tried all kinds of different parts from it on mine. Its the crank position sensor I think. I just put that on in like sept. and there $275 FUCKING SHIT CAR GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr