my DD wont start

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
The fuse is the AM1 fuse in the fuse box right by the battery under in the engine bay. Do you get voltage on the black/blue stripe when the key is in the cranking position at all? Is it the factory or an aftermarket alarm killing it?

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Open and close all your doors hood and hatch then lock your drivers door with the key then go back and unlock the drivers side door then try and start it.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
hmmm i will

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

lmfao!!
that fixed it...silly supra and its tricks. lol

thanks mike

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
What did you think I was crazy?

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

my white one was the temperamental bitch

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

glad it worked

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

there is a way to disable that alarm. if you keep acting up

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
Same thing has happened to me. After testing everything with my multimeter I was led to believe it was the alarm when after testing the starter with 12 volts, my headlights started popping up and down opposite and the alarm sounded. Locked the drivers door with the key, then unlocked and poof...started right up.

shipkiller

Sep 16, 2010
Quebec
lucky that your alarm prevent it from starting. mine is a cheap ass aftermarket alarm and the only thing it does:
-drain my battery
-go off (sound) when I'm trying to boost it because it drained the battery

Nihiliz

Die Hard Supra Fan
Jul 23, 2007
United States
www.facebook.com
another way to over ride this, (my 2jz wiring is all messed up so i can not lock all the doors again etc for theft system to engage). Put the key in the car, on "On Position". pull the battery terminal, wait 5 minutes. put battery terminal on and problem solved.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

how do you disable it man. i would love to know hahahaha. everytime i go to get into my car/start it. alarm goes off. than i gotta take my 5 point harness off to crawl through the trunk to manually pop the hatch,. and than take the terminal off my relocated battery. my whole car is ghetto rigged. i gotta do the same for my gas door. all my linkages are broken because of old owner taking the car mudding/sitting in a field.