2turboZ

May 4, 2007
Buffalo NY
p658473_1.jpg

p658473_2.jpg

His 71 Camaro on the right along with the c4 vette he helped build

In the standing mile he won his class at a 212.89mph pass

and the Vette won its class at 197.xxmph

Heres a quick vid of the camaro on its way...

2turboZ

May 4, 2007
Buffalo NY
I have about a bazillion other pictures from that trip back in April....it was an awesome time for sure.

Its just cool...he is a year younger than me and we call and chat about cars all the time.

You might also have seen him on the show Pinks where he helped build the transam that beat up on that turbo civic.

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
they push start it for the standing mile? i'd get a tractor puller to push me if i was him.

sweet car BTW. congrats to him.

2turboZ

May 4, 2007
Buffalo NY
Yeah...the push start is based on the gear he has to run to pedal it that long and max out at the mile. The car was also making over 800whp and launching it would only rip the tires loose and that wasnt what he wanted.

Push starts are legal so he was all about taking advantage.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
niiiiice.... i never knew top speed runners needed a push start..

is that just to ease stress on the drivetrain on takeoff because its so powerful, or because it's geared so damn low it would stall....lol?

_-------___---_--_-EDIT!!

i totally had post lag...sorry.

clicked reply and actually filled it out about 5 minutes later...thats what happens when i multitask with tabs.

i'm beginning to think tabs are a curse...you dont want to know how many i have open. lets just say i dont use bookmarks...:nono:

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
Loki said:
Congrats to your cousin, and more pics of the Trans Am on the cover please :love: :love: :love:

i second that. very interested in the story. would be sweet if you could actually scan or get the writing on that one.

actually your camera did a good enough job, if the pics were just a hair larger... i'd be fine reading from that. lol.