My Car vs Cobolt SS

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
I pulled in behind him on a two lane hwy. I could see he was eyeing up my car through the reflection in his sideview mirror. Once the hwy split in to four lanes, I eased up next to him. He rolled down his window, smiled, and downshifted.

We were doing about 40 so I downshifted into second.

I yelled at him to go. He hit it and all I could hear was his supercharger whining. I love a good supercharger whine. :)

I let him get half a car up and then put it to the floor. I went by him so fast, I about sucked him out his own window! :biglaugh:

Not much of a kill; but, I thought I'd mention it since I had never run one before.

And for the record.......there should never be a post about a Cobolt SS beating one of us! ;) (unless it's HIGHLY modified of course)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Newer Cobalts (09+ I believe) are turbocharged, same motor that was in the Solstice GXP and Sky Redline. 2.0 DI Turbo Ecotec, 260hp. Seem like pretty good little motors if you ask me, about up to 1999 Nissan SR20 standards. :p

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
For what it was, it sounded pretty good. Nice and throaty. I don't know what year it was; but, it was definitely Supercharged.

Poor guy... :biglaugh:

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
Kenny you should really just have the GoPro permanently mounted and just turn it on when "needed"! ;) Nice run.

7Matt-GE

Nov 18, 2009
Becker, Minnesota
yeah they are about as fast as an sti now..with less weight..so it's something to be leary of...but i wouldn't worry too much lol. nice kill! whats your whp? 367 from what i read?

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
Spanish Surprise;1579420 said:
Yeah the turbo colbalts can make decent power already. I hear they make 300whp with a reflash alone...

A friend of mine has a saturn sky and managed to make 330whp with just a flash. I think its turned up to 22psi or so.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
SupraRon;1580060 said:
Kenny you should really just have the GoPro permanently mounted and just turn it on when "needed"! ;) Nice run.

Fact! :biglaugh:

7Matt-GE;1580068 said:
whats your whp? 367 from what i read?

Yep. 367 at my last dyno session. A little more now though. :naughty: