my car barely moves in drive!!!!

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
ya the kickdown cable is hooked up... thats the one thats connected to the TB right? ill look into the lucas tranny fix...

Im just hoping that its all because of the wrong fluid! that sound right?

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Toyota Type IV or Dexron II (not Dex II compatible - actual Dex II)

And that cable is NOT a kickdown cable - kickdown is electronically controlled - that cable controls the line pressure, ie - how smoothly & quickly the shifts take place.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
oh so thats what that thing does. thats really good to know thanks for the correction kai. but atleast locally where i live everyone calls them kickdown cables, and even the parts store have them listed as kickdown cables on the computer

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
have any of you guys used this lucas transmission fix? I dont wanna be messin up the tranny any more with it. Most of that stuff stops leaks n what not, but it also clogs your hole system up and then its ruined.

PHILLYSUPRA

serious
Jun 29, 2005
philly
Now i understand why the moderators get upset. threads like this are kinda useless.
you gave half of the needed information, haven't done any research before asking anything and haven't really driven the car.....

you should already have the TSRM bookmarked and had read everything in that before posting here.
hook up a pressure gauge to check your main line pressure, check all adjustments... all stuff in the tsrm.
even find a scan tool and check the trans CVI (clutch volume index)--> numbers below spec mean you have either no friction material left or you have no fluid. test everything before listening to people saying "switch to manual"....

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
i have done some research and came up with nothin. I dont have any of the necessary tools to test the pressure and what not. Thats why im kinda askin if its happened to you guys. If i had the money now, i would take it in to rebuild it. I have adjusted almost everything i could that would help it. And nothin worked so far.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
PHILLYSUPRA;1646736 said:
Now i understand why the moderators get upset. threads like this are kinda useless.
you gave half of the needed information, haven't done any research before asking anything and haven't really driven the car.....

you should already have the TSRM bookmarked and had read everything in that before posting here.
hook up a pressure gauge to check your main line pressure, check all adjustments... all stuff in the tsrm.
even find a scan tool and check the trans CVI (clutch volume index)--> numbers below spec mean you have either no friction material left or you have no fluid. test everything before listening to people saying "switch to manual"....

The thing is "Stupid" is contagious......

This guy has already destroyed a pump through faulty installation and now is wondering why the car won't drive after he's been making 5psi while it was slipping and is now confused that the trans is trashed.... :nono:

I gave up about 10 posts ago...

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
so i finally went and got some lucas tranny fix. Man is that stuff sticky and THICK! it took me a little over a half an hour just to get half of the bottle in before my hands hurt to much from squeezing... lol But with just half of it, my car already drives alot better.

when i push down the gas though it feels like somethin is stopping my pedal from goin down all the way, and i cant see how fast it really goes yet. So ill have to check that out 2morrow.

But its finally driving normal! :D

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
well i figured that out by putting it in front of my propane heater in the garage. :) then it turned into like syrup and was really sticky, but it deff helped. lol

and i really ddnt think it was going to be THAT thick. LOL

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
mk3-4-me;1646746 said:
I dont have any of the necessary tools to test the pressure and what not.

Then why are you trying to fix it? You don't know how it works, don't have the tools to do the fix, yet think the answer will just get floated to you?

And if the solenoids fail, or the circuit so they are in the default position, you will be in overdrive, and the car will not get out of its own way. You can check this by forcing 1st or 2nd. 2nd will go to direct, and low will go to 1st or 2nd, depending on what failed.

And since your car moved after adding fluid, either you didn't have enough, or the insides are ruined and that glue you dumped in is what is holding the direct clutch allowing you to move.

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
It always moved when I had fluid in there... It just slipped when I gave it some gas... Idk if it's cause the clutches r shot or if it's cause i got dex/merc ATF instead of dex II or Toyota IV ATF... But what ever it is, the tranny fix fixed it for now... I just want it to hold until I can afford to get a r154... Or maybe even a GM th400... But hopefully itl hold for now...

starworts

Dec 8, 2010
california
your over drive light should blink when it is engaged if soooo most likely your solenoids cuz thats what happened to mine... and if you think you can just drive around like that don't it will mess up your torque converter area cuz mine just died and im havin a pain in the ass trying to find a new converter just to get her goin again

anyways if it is blinking you need to take it to a shop or get a paper clip and connect ur e1 and t1 i think DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THAT which ever holes you put it in your dash should blink ur overdrive code

starworts

Dec 8, 2010
california
also i personally dropped my pan to replace my solenoids cuz my harness's were fine. after getting my hands on a lock up and a No.1 solenoid i find that my tranny filter was way clogged no metal just grime. Now i got myself solenoids and no car to wear them in soo if your lookin for solenoids pm me. And it sounds to me that this lucas is a temporary fix... so becareful out there