My busted supra.

Kroze

Lifetaker, heartbreaker.
Mar 30, 2005
South Jersey
So i've decided to rebuild it instead. I'm going to buy a beater and save the rest of the money to rebuild the supra.

Does anyone have a rebuild guide book? I have no clue what has to be done in a rebuild.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
what happened to your engine?

I'm buying a Jay Dee Ehm engine, so I have NO idea of the condition. What I am doing is tearing everything down, having a machine shop check specs, if everythings okay i'm going to have them polish the crank, hone the cylinders, hot tank everything and make it nice and pretty.

I'm going to put in brand new rod and main bearings, arp rod bolts, main studs, and head studs with a MHG.

a complete engine gasket kit for everything else

I'm also going to have them do some kind of test to see what kind of condition the head is in as well.

Is that what you wanted to know?

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
Kroze said:
So i've decided to rebuild it instead. I'm going to buy a beater and save the rest of the money to rebuild the supra.

Does anyone have a rebuild guide book? I have no clue what has to be done in a rebuild.

Ha! The darkside wins again. No booty banging luxury cars for you! :D

These cars own your life... and your wallet.

Kroze

Lifetaker, heartbreaker.
Mar 30, 2005
South Jersey
hah. i guess so. I've been looking around for a decent car for around the $10k price range and nothing compare.

They're either out of my price range or in crappy condition. The ones that are in my price range and in good conditions are all Wrong Wheel Drive.

So I figured i'm going to spend the money to rebuild the supra mechanically & cosmetically ;-)

The car is going to look bad-ass once i'm done with it.

Rebuild Engine & Tranny.
All new suspension & lowered it.
all new targa seals
all new exterior seals (windows,hatch)

supra_08.JPG

Kroze

Lifetaker, heartbreaker.
Mar 30, 2005
South Jersey
CtSupra said:
Kick ass! GL to ya! But, damnit you have a white car.

*crosses fingers* "hopes kroze doesn't steal my exterior ideas" lol.

WWD! I love it!

what's your exterior idea? :biggrinki

anyway, my idea is to bring the exterior to prestine condition as if it just came out of the factory. But i don't think that's your original idea :-/

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
Nope but its similar to 1supraholics car. I've just recently seen his car, but have had my idea before seeing it. I sent him a friendly pm complaining, lol.

It goes like this: Mkiv white paint with extra coats and clear, maybe some white pearl. gracer front, h.i.d.'s, kaminari sides, bomex rears or s2 carbon fibre rear diffuser or both if possible, mkiv bomex whale-tail, and 18x8 and 18x11.5 ccw split 5 star chrome wheels. With future sp77ho turbo kit, sp built motor, fuel, aem, 8-9000 red-line :blah: :blah: I'll be doing performance before exterior, though

Car WILL BE dynoed and dragged!

C

cnewingham

lmk if you need some parts. I can get new pistons and rings(ITM) $225 Shipped to your door, OilPump(ITM) who makes them for toyota $170 shipped, and a lot of other engine parts. I just used these for my engine rebuild. Glad to see you changed your mind and decided to keep your car.