My build ...

slacker

master mould maker
Sep 24, 2006
BC , Canada
www.toyotafiberglass.com
finally got my tube contour guage , so I was able to find some time this afternoon to "fit" the front suspension .

tacked , and jack stands kicked out

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

slacker

master mould maker
Sep 24, 2006
BC , Canada
www.toyotafiberglass.com
thanks
this is NOT the "final product" , but just "tacked" in place .. still have to build the whole front tube section + I want (or thinking of) to mount the intercooler on top ..
I building a flip front end , and thinking of mounting the intercooler on the strut bar

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Great build and fabrication skills!

One thing, how do you know how to make make strut towers and things like that. Measure all the angles so they are right so the vehicle runs straight?

I know here in the states there is a good trade school named UTI and Wyotech. A lot of people that go there end up working with the big name companies like NASCAR.

slacker

master mould maker
Sep 24, 2006
BC , Canada
www.toyotafiberglass.com
thank you ..
I'm kind of "self taught" .. lots of reading , and now 31 years "aprenticing" (I'm learning everyday)
I have the OE collision manual , as well as the OE repair manuals for both , the truck and the supra , so it gives you all the specs you need , I guess you just have to know how to read them ?
on the rear , I have exagerated the angle of the strut a few deg. , but I'm confidant this will work for my needs . front is basically fatory

ohh and I own my own shop :)

slacker

master mould maker
Sep 24, 2006
BC , Canada
www.toyotafiberglass.com
so havent been able to do much on my own stuff lately , so It was nice today , when I found some time ..

built a smoothie cowl and got it trimmed

sm_photo_missing.jpg

then I started on the flip front

cut the fenders in 1/2 , so they would be easier to work with ..
trimmed off the mount flanges , and "fit" them to the body .. got everything where I wanted , pulled it off , and glassed it

sm_photo_missing.jpg

re installed , and "fit the bottom 1/2 of the fenders .. pulled it off , and glassed it

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
89 plus bumper ?

i hate to say it but there guy driving around here with secound gen truck with 87 supra lower half front bump on his truck and well it kinda looks good

slacker

master mould maker
Sep 24, 2006
BC , Canada
www.toyotafiberglass.com
so some pics ...

trany in and drve shaft mock up

sm_photo_missing.jpg

some new wheels :) ... and doors off

sm_photo_missing.jpg

steering installed

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I'm now doing some tube work ...
I'm starting with bracing the shock towers and a mount for the intercooler
so will post that up when I get some progress done

slacker

master mould maker
Sep 24, 2006
BC , Canada
www.toyotafiberglass.com
so a little time this weekend to get a little done ...
I'm bracing the front shock towers and building the front "tube" section , so I needed to get my real engine in , which I still need to add some things to , so I can make sure all my clearances will work

so out of it covered shrink wrapped casing it comes

p2036705_1.jpg

and into place
I have also started on the brackets for the supports

p2036705_2.jpg

p2036705_3.jpg