My build ...

slacker

master mould maker
Sep 24, 2006
BC , Canada
www.toyotafiberglass.com
added some rear suspension today ..
not done yet , still some tube to add , but the rear is off the jack stands :)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
slacker;1767614 said:
yep .. from KMS .. it's a manual for now .. we'll see on the hydrolics, probabaly going to do that sooner then later !!!

I do want a cage , so I'm going to do a full front, remember .. complete flip front is also what i'm going to build so I need area for mounting shit on the inners . Rears , well I want a "dump" box of sorts .. so no extended caging for the rear but I am going to do some "bending" to make it look good ..
I think the struts are the way to go and I'm happy with the choice .. they are adjustable already , and i'm even thinkin' of "hookin" up the TEMS , just for shits and giggles ..

tems is over rated and the upgraded shock's cost a pretty penny TOKICO illumina Series but there the only one you can buy that retains the tems be sides stock wich is way way over priced

edf from tein and about the sickest when it comes to that type of stuff

slacker

master mould maker
Sep 24, 2006
BC , Canada
www.toyotafiberglass.com
struts are fairly new .. the previous owner had just replaced them + he added new tokico coils .. so i'm not going to replace them , just powder coat them + this is also why I'm going to keep the TEMS .. I know it's "overrated" and dosnt really do that much , but why not !!

slacker

master mould maker
Sep 24, 2006
BC , Canada
www.toyotafiberglass.com
prepping the inner rockers for the new body mounts .. I of course found rust :( .. so now I have to fix that first .. I was really surprised , this cab was in awesome shape no rust at all , or so I thought .. just goes to show you , even if you think you have no rust .. you probabally do !!

undercoating wire wheeled off , and looking great

sm_photo_missing.jpg

and cut out rust !!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
I thought just came to my mind

about the angle that you struts are placed

the back should be fine but using that angle but the spring rate and damping will be less then factory supra, this is not bad since the back end is so light in truck any ways, but there is anther issue and it's camber the stock sub frame does not have that much adjustment and mix with light weight power you may have an issue mixing with heavy off set wheel makes it even worse as well it just seams your your lower control arm Z axes is bit much showing that you may have some issue's

but it would be a good idea to try to copy the supra front end strut angle to tee or at least as close as possible

Last edited:

slacker

master mould maker
Sep 24, 2006
BC , Canada
www.toyotafiberglass.com
thanks for the ideas .. rear strut angle was carfully calculated 34* .. due to the weight /HP .. specific "squat" when on the skinny pedal .. the angle would be best for full dampning .
remember this is NOT a Daily driver .. but more a show/track/drift truck .. fronts will be "stock" position .. for steering issues ....

slacker

master mould maker
Sep 24, 2006
BC , Canada
www.toyotafiberglass.com
also got the drivers side cleand and prepped this weekend

sm_photo_missing.jpg

and :( .. drivers side has rust as well

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I think to be safe , i'm going to cut it all out .. front and back rocker area , and strengthin both sides before I build the body mounts
and just for some giggles ..
heres the pile of removed edging and ground steel ..

sm_photo_missing.jpg

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
all have to cheak this thing out one day when I down in that neck of the woods ps how flexy is your front fenders

I might be replaceing mine under my exo cage in my 3rd gen yoda but they wil need to flex about to wiggle there way in

slacker

master mould maker
Sep 24, 2006
BC , Canada
www.toyotafiberglass.com
yeah .. no .
I would love to be able to build that stuff , but the injenction machines are a little pricy , mill. + .. dyes / moulds run ~ $100 G each .. or products must be purchaced in buik Qtys ~ 1000 + to start . I' dont have that kind of coin to purchace on speculation of customers purchacing for there 30 year old truck .. + the cost of EA. would not be very "competative"
I would be absolutly willing to share my research and potential manufactures , if your willing to be my backer ? :)

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
I am no body guy but I don't think they do it by injection, I have done vacuum forming on similar stuff before

my guess it is like a sheet then vacuum formed but I could very well be wrong

I know an old Buddie of mine got a front bumper made this way for his bmw from place in Vancouver but i am not sure if he used the durflex stuff

but I have not talked with him in years

Edit

Turns out they do make the sheets just need a mold made of mdf for sort term or for longer term billet aluminum like we used at the shop after the prototypes were passed

all be happy to help ya make this come true because really a fender that does not dent would be fucking awesome and fit behind exo cages with just little bend here and there to make fit

http://www.duraflexinc.com/pdf/white-paper-bellows-vs-hose.pdf

slacker

master mould maker
Sep 24, 2006
BC , Canada
www.toyotafiberglass.com
so over the last week , I have been building my repair panels and today I was able to get them burnt in , rears as well

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

now with the rockers repaired , I was able to get the cab height finalized @ 9" from the rockers to the Ground . + I also started on the cab mounts
Because there are only going to be 4 mounts instead of 6 , I wanted to make sure there were going to be strong .
cut out some 3/16" plate and surrounded it with some tube
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Tacked into place I will add some more supports later , when I turn the frame over .

sm_photo_missing.jpg

and cab side mount

Bent up some 1/2" solid stock with the 3/16" plate . as well as a "fish plate" for the cab side , 1/2" stock actually goes threw the fish plate for a stronger "plug" weld , and a toyota stock body mount bushing , I now have the front mounted

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

and now the front of the cab is mounted
still have some supports and final welding to do when I can turn over the frame , but for now it's good to go

also .. the cab now has it final "stance"

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

acetone can for referance