My build ...

slacker

master mould maker
Sep 24, 2006
BC , Canada
www.toyotafiberglass.com
ok ..

so I dropped in the "mock up" engine , and tranny .
as suspected .. I have to cut the firewall . this is all going to work out great .. now with cutting the firewall , I have to move the pedals , and with that, the seats .. which actually works out excellent .. the tranny shifter is now *exactly where it should be .. nice , I'm stoked .
HPIM0226.JPG

also added the exhaust manifold , and turbo .. to see how much modification on the down pipe I would have to do .. just SICK .. I dont think I have to do any .. it fits the crossmember , and "new" firewall excellent ..

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
Amazing!

But I'm surprised that nobody told you that the ARP stuff should be installed during the machining process. The rod bolts as they are pressed in and out change the size of the big rod ends and the main caps have to be lined hone after the installation of the ARP mains. If you think I dont make sence give ARP a call.

Wayne G.

87Turbo 5sp Targa
Apr 19, 2005
Gainesville,Ga.
This whole thing is like watching an episode of "Chop Cut Rebuild" on Speed
Channel. Fantastic work - wish "I" had your resources ----

Last edited:

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
this is amazeing....... i can't believe you are spending so much time on building this one-off (wicked awesome) truck when you could have easily used the perfectly fine 87 supra....... oh well, you've come this far already. keep it up!