My Brake lights don't work

SupraStorm1080

IT'S A LIVE!!!
Apr 19, 2006
riverside, SO cal
:confused: Hey I tried to solve the mystery but i have no idea how, i checked all the bulbs and they all work, reverse lights work, tail light works, blinkers work, but when i push on the brakes the brake lights won't turn on. Also i checked all the fuses to make sure they are working and sure enough they were all fine but my brake lights won't work. So im thinking its the wiring but im not exactly sure how to get to the wires does anyone have a picture or a diagram or advice on how to fix my problem thanks i really appreciate it :confused:

Mrbaboon

Jul 13, 2006
Victoria, BC
SupraStorm1080 said:
:confused: Hey I tried to solve the mystery but i have no idea how, i checked all the bulbs and they all work, reverse lights work, tail light works, blinkers work, but when i push on the brakes the brake lights won't turn on. Also i checked all the fuses to make sure they are working and sure enough they were all fine but my brake lights won't work. So im thinking its the wiring but im not exactly sure how to get to the wires does anyone have a picture or a diagram or advice on how to fix my problem thanks i really appreciate it :confused:

does your center brake light work?

I'm guessing you're tail light failure relay box is pootched. It is by-passable, I'll have to do a writeup on which wires to splice..

The box is located behind the drivers side tail light attached to an 8 or 10 pin plug, pull it out and see if any of the circuits on it are fried or if any water has come into contact with it.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
First check in on the brake pedal. You will see a plunger with an electrical plug on it. That must switch power, or your lights will not turn on.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
johnathan1 said:
I did this mod, and all of my lights work fine.

i am talking about bye passing it all fixing the box is fine

have you ever tried to hook up a trailor harness to a toyota ever it's not really plug and play

Mrbaboon

Jul 13, 2006
Victoria, BC
NashMan said:
sad part about this mod is you loose your trun signales and such do you self favor and graba box from a wreaker

dude no!? I checked out my turn signals the other day when I was cleaning up the rest of my car and everything works as it should!

Box is a useless piece.

SupraStorm1080

IT'S A LIVE!!!
Apr 19, 2006
riverside, SO cal
Hey thanks for the advice guys, yesterday i took out the light failure box and re-sodered one bad soder and it worked fine. The funny thing is that before when my brake lights weren't working the light on the dash showing the car farting wasn't on, but now that i fixed it for some reason it is staying on, any ideas???