my big time blown turbo lol

supraturbotimmy

Dec 19, 2006
uk
well took the soop for a run today and lost all power and a smoke screen that filled a motorway lol this is whats left of the turbo!!!

p1064456_1.jpg

i have a decent spare to put on to keep the car alive but i think i might be going for a nice 57 trim from driftmotion very soon :) this was on 1bar, the turbo had only done 6000 miles from the rebuild lol

Last edited:

supraturbotimmy

Dec 19, 2006
uk
it didn't make any noise it just stopped accelerating... then the fog machine out the back and feck all power, i have a dual carriageway right next to me and i was just coming back home when this went.

supraturbotimmy

Dec 19, 2006
uk
bigaaron;1064493 said:
I think your turbo might be bad. :dunno:

lmao i think your right. i think you might be sending me one of your turbo's very shortly i sure hope its a outright sale for the price as i think the core is a bit buggered...

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
HommerSimpson;1064761 said:
uggg hope all the peaces passed threw motor...safley....might want to pull spark plugs and take a look

Once it went, I doubt there was enough velocity tp pull any peices to the intercooler. Definatley not enough to pull any through the intercooler.

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
Kckazdude;1064809 said:
Once it went, I doubt there was enough velocity tp pull any peices to the intercooler. Definatley not enough to pull any through the intercooler.

take two peaces of alluminum and rub the edges together... Notice all the alluminum shavings... they will go threw to engine...and they will and can cause major damage...

supraturbotimmy

Dec 19, 2006
uk
i stil have the rebuild sheet somewhere but it was a long time ago, i got it and it sat unused for a while as the engine was being rebuilt, i just pray that it didn;t make it into the engine... will find out more as i just started taking old turbo off but rain stopped play :( i took tb pipe off and nothing seems to have got that far... so far. i'm hoping that the bottom ic hose has got the remains of the turbo in that. mine didn't make a noise at all just no power and tons of smoke, i cant say of the shaft has snapped of if it is just banana'd. i'll strip it down and post pics of the remains when i get it off.

supraturbotimmy

Dec 19, 2006
uk
ForcedTorque;1064930 said:
Who rebuilt that turbo? And do you have any idea what caused the failure?

can't remember who mate, no idea why it went but 1 bar of boost on a DD ct maybe not a good idea lol