My AEM friendly glove box

Boosted Supra

AEM 7MGTE 6765
Apr 7, 2005
Valley Stream, New York, United States
This was done a while ago, never had the time to take pics and post until now. My Dad helped me build this.

Before:

p1443790_1.jpg

After:

p1443790_2.jpg

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Boosted, looks good!

nice clean install. shame that the glove box is now useless though, ever thought about running the RS232 to the arm rest area as it is tiny enough to keep inconspicous?

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
You will have to have the glovebox open for the laptop to connect and the tuner in the pass seats knees will be all up in it. Its a clean looking setup though.

Boosted Supra

AEM 7MGTE 6765
Apr 7, 2005
tissimo;1443836 said:
You will have to have the glovebox open for the laptop to connect and the tuner in the pass seats knees will be all up in it. Its a clean looking setup though.

Actually no, slide seat all the way back and you a ton of leg room. Huge difference with these Sparco seats

dusthead;1443862 said:
real nice - so where does the reg and insurance go? center console? heh

Of course, center console is nice a deep unlike the 90's and up with air bags

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Hey Manny,
Looks very nice and clean!!! Would be nice if the box could stay shut though in use. I will post some pics of mine. It is velcroed inside the box and the com to USB cable runs under the dash to the pass side of the center console so the glove box is still functional and stays shut.

Seth

Boosted Supra

AEM 7MGTE 6765
Apr 7, 2005
jugodegolf;1443793 said:
Bond...James Bond.

Thanks....I think :icon_razz

figgie;1443812 said:
Boosted, looks good!

nice clean install. shame that the glove box is now useless though, ever thought about running the RS232 to the arm rest area as it is tiny enough to keep inconspicous?

Nah, didn't feel like going through all that trouble. The glove box always seemed easier. Most people don't even notice the serial connection in there.

sethron71;1443899 said:
Hey Manny,
Looks very nice and clean!!! Would be nice if the box could stay shut though in use. I will post some pics of mine. It is velcroed inside the box and the com to USB cable runs under the dash to the pass side of the center console so the glove box is still functional and stays shut.

Seth

I usually don't close the glove, it's always open. It's always out for display, lol.

bfr1992t

The quiet one
Oct 29, 2005
Ohio
figgie;1443812 said:
Boosted, looks good!

Not to mention only three connections are needed (rx/tx + shield) so you can be a little creative with the connector, possibly going so far as to include a usb/rs232 adapter over to a hidden usb connector.