My '93 Nissan Hardbody A.K.A "THE MANHATTAN PROJECT"

TrqMnstr

HKS Whore!!!
Oct 31, 2005
Los Angeles, California, United States
Well, earlier this year I attended a funeral at which time (ironically) my 7M decided it wanted to push daisies. Well, my Supra's been parked awaiting a rebuild. My Supra was my DD and my '71 510 was the project. Now the Supra and the 510 are the projects and my D21 Hardbody is the new DD. Little background on the truck. I worked for an Audi dealer for over a year, at which time I made a friend, Alberto.

Alberto shows up to work one morning in a stupid clean '93 Nissan Hardbody 160K miles. 2 wheel drive, 5 spd, A/C and a rare 4 gauge cluster (Tach, Speedo, Fuel and Coolant temp) I say rare because the majority of Hardbody trucks, with the square dash do not have a tachometer. So Albert fills me in on the details of the truck. He acquired this truck from his father in law after his Matrix got repoed.

His father in law bought this truck used with 30k miles and has had it ever since. Fast forward to 2010, Alberto is now attending Embry Riddle in AZ. Drove truck to AZ from Cali, daily drove out there 120 miles daily plus driving back and fourth from AZ to Ca. A chance call was made to Alberto one evening, about 2 weeks ago, to catch up with my homie Albert.

He proceeds to tell me how he bought a '89 Corolla GT-S and is planning to sell the truck. As soon as I heard him mention the term "sell the truck" I said i'll buy it. Sight unseen, I tell him will it drive to LA he said yes I said okay it's sold. $800 bucks later the truck is in my driveway. It now has 246K miles on it, the front bumper and grill are smashed in, the tire are shot, the shocks are blown and it has a hard start condition.

We (my dad and I) have a parts truck, '87 Hardbody which had bilstein shocks all around. We have another '87 that got a new tranny which had some brand new tires on it. Now, me working at a dealership, I'm able to buy parts at a greatly discounted parts through our vendors and have access to a lift. I buy a starter ($46) to address the hard start condition. While it's in the air why not check out the truck look for any future trouble. Has an oil leak, crappy shocks and loose belts.

Belts is an easy fix just tighten up right?? While inspecting alternator, I find that the lower alt bolt and nut are missing. The alternator was just barely hanging on. Lucky me, I ask one of my fellow techs for something that might fit and sure enough I lucked out. Now the truck starts right up and no more dim lights when night riding. I even scored some wiper blades from a used car:naughty:

Not bad for $846. Future plans include window tint, My Supras' sound system is getting transferred over, scored a flip up DVD player from a used car that we took on a trade and some HID's also from same vehicle. Found some 17" TITAN steel wheels for $50 on CL hopefully they're still available. I'll post pix tonight.

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
Cool. I like minitrucks too. I just finished airbagging my 92 Toyota pickup 2wd extra cab. I'm more experienced with minitrucks than with Supras. I'll watch for pics!

dmp316

Yard Man
Jan 25, 2011
Cape Coral,FL and Jamaica
TrqMnstr;1830699 said:
Nice, my girlfriend is from St. Thomas. I've had the privilege of visiting that beautiful country because of her. I drove from St. Thomas to Town, it was crazy.

LOL cool. My wife did pretty good today driving here in Jamaica today. Its her 1st time driving here. But yes it get crazy. :eek::D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

dewme5

Apr 21, 2012
Panama City, FL
Picked up a 95 nissan pickup with 2.4 and manual about 2 months ago. Long story short, motor died and I had to scramble for a new one. Now, I'm sporting a 1uz Lexus V8. Couple little problems, but very worth it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342641916860.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342641916860.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 8

TrqMnstr

HKS Whore!!!
Oct 31, 2005
Los Angeles, California, United States
dewme5;1858374 said:
Picked up a 95 nissan pickup with 2.4 and manual about 2 months ago. Long story short, motor died and I had to scramble for a new one. Now, I'm sporting a 1uz Lexus V8. Couple little problems, but very worth it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
You need to join infamousnissan.com if you haven't already. Lots of people will trip out on this.