My 90-T w/$300 maaco paintjob 1 year update.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
what happened to the pictures?
i want to see them. fix 'em!
lol

hmm..
i need a paint job...
should i try maaco?

naaahh...

but i would like to see the pictures.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Kroze said:
I'm not sure if they let you bring in your own paint and they paint it for you. But if you can find a maaco that let you do that, spend your money on PPG (brand), they're the best ones. I don't think you can buy em as a person, perhaps ask a paintshop to buy it for you. They cost around $400 total with base coat & clear coat.

Umm.... for the Green paint I got, Clear, the flex agent for the bumpers, and a good primer, I spent $700+. That green was ridiculously exspensive I guess. Deff worth the money though, IMO.

I dont know why you went White w/ Red X's though, looks like crapp. :icon_neut THose of us who joined late need to see the pics!

onefstsupra89

Sep 12, 2006
Winston Salem , NC
yeah fix the pics i want to see them but i was going to take my car to macco and they gave ne an estimate of $1700 they said my paint was dull and that they would have to strip it down to the metal....... the body is straight NO dents or rust..... they can kiss my azz im not paying $1700 for a job they might just spray with the cheap paint and not even sand it .....anyone ever heard of that? that the paint being dull and having to sand it all down to the metal?

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Whooaa thread revival.
Yea they told me they'd need to strip the hood, roof, and top of the spoiler...?
He barely even looked it over before telling me this.

onefstsupra89

Sep 12, 2006
Winston Salem , NC
so is that a scam to get more money out of you because i told him all i wanted was the special... 229.00 and he looked at me funny and started to tell me all these things about sanding it down to the metal i though when macco does a car they scuff it and primer it then sand it down then paint it? maybe i should visit several maccos in the ares.... if all failes FLAT BLACK spray paint.....lmao

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
I'm waiting off until Spring to paint my car. I wish I had more experiance in painting and prep work, I'd do most of it myself.

onefstsupra89

Sep 12, 2006
Winston Salem , NC
^^^ bump me too i have the place and equipment to do it i just dont know how my friend has a garage with 4 bays air compressor and lights but NONE of us are painters......lol