My 89 HKS Supra build

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
You must be a little confused. I have a stock CT. There's no port on the wastegate actuator to have pressure assist the spring.

The thing is, with how I have the dipswitches setup, port 2 shouldn't be normally closed. It should be normally open, with the power off. And normally closed with the power on, until port 3 sees the pressure that you set the controller for.. Then it opens port 2 enough to maintain that pressure.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
5e4c38b185f9c5ec679553c4109332d2.jpg

Why chopped up intercooler piping?

53e6bf08fd46c86d09c77f1e2ea7ee5e.jpg

8f1c16ca99f7b401c6c82848bc69cc14.jpg

ba1e264299d5717be39db19f7d2b8b47.jpg

Because HK$! God it looks so much better!

Rollus

Jun 2, 2011
Paris, France
Backlash2032;2046271 said:
You must be a little confused. I have a stock CT. There's no port on the wastegate actuator to have pressure assist the spring.

The thing is, with how I have the dipswitches setup, port 2 shouldn't be normally closed. It should be normally open, with the power off. And normally closed with the power on, until port 3 sees the pressure that you set the controller for.. Then it opens port 2 enough to maintain that pressure.

Im certainly confused.

How can a normally closed (aka closed when not supplyied with power) can be normally opened?
No power is no power, until your valve is a normally opened one, whatever dipswitch there are. I also may confused about the solenoid valve you have lol.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
It's not a solenoid valve, it's a stepper. But "power off" on the controller, I'm certain, doesn't actually power down anything. It just reverts back to stock boost. Does that help?

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
How is it controlling boost if it's not affecting the wastegate actuator? Or did I read this wrong. On a stock CT26, you have an internal wastegate with an external actuator (flapper) valve.

There is supposed to be a vacuum line to the wastegate actuator isn't there? Otherwise you would just run off spring strength.

Of course... I could also be confused.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
No, if you look a little further up, you see the manuals for my unit. On that manual however, a stock Ct falls under the category of single port waste gate

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Single port still should have one vacuum line run to the actuator, though, I believe. Where are your lines running?

I think what's confusing my is earlier you wrote that you had it set up for an external wastegate (which is a different type of valve). im not an expert though, so I'm not understanding how your trying to control the boost. I used to be running similar with a 57 trim ct26 with my EVC-S, but I have to find a picture of my setup (if I had one) to see how it was connected. Worked very well, but I have a 44mm Tial external now so it's a completely different setup.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
From right to left. Manifold source, from turbo outlet, to waste gate.. the issue isn't in the hose routing, it's in the actuator itself. It used to do some funky stuff, but now it isn't moving at all...

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Can you take a pic of it? The shop that does my car is a HKS dealer, I could see if he has something.
If you want, that is.

Reg has been dealing with HKS a fairly long time :)

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Sorry, I still haven't gotten around to my car, but here is a picture of the exact same setup I have...

evc.jpg

On another note... I believe I've found the reason why my cold start driveability sucks... I don't remember seeing any resistors in my jumper harness, so I'm missing the 2400 ohm resistor between THA and E2 on the AFM plug... Hmmmmmm

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Sorry for no updates. I've been super busy working on my school projects, and this little group buy that I just got approved for and posted. Check it out!

On another note, I recently got a storage unit for the Supra, just so it has a nice place to sleep... Weathers been crazy lately, and my dad and his girlfriend just got new vehicles so there goes my garage space! So this is the next best thing I suppose. Haven't played with the Supra much.. But I have an autocross coming up. Last sunday of the month!

Also, I just started a new job.. So between school, driving, and work, I'm at home and awake a couple hours a day. But I have weekends off, so that should be good! And 20 hours a week... Rather than the 4 or 5 I was getting at my last job... Can't wait for that first paycheck!

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Life's been crazy. My girlfriend and I split up, had to move out because of bills and well.. Memories. Been working 40 hrs/week during my break from school...

I did manage to put in a threaded starter, which seems to have cured my intermittent cranking issue. Also, I found where my oil leak has been coming from. And also determined that it's gonna leak until the engine either blows up or I pull it for some reason. So until it blows. Damn oil pan gasket.

On the plus side...

https://youtu.be/yTp3dWi6D6w

😁😁😁

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Well guys, not sure if anyone is even following this thread anymore but it's definitely the end of an era. I've been in the Supra game since I was 15 years old. While you guys have given me a home away from home, it's time for me to move on. I'll still lurk around on here I'm sure, but now that I'm graduated and working full time I'll have a lot of spare time to drive my new project!

#projecttrackvette!

73dd44ae23b9c7e0104a18677f192143.jpg

2e5628817fde5d93618d1a051dea33de.jpg

b3dbe508afc39bf7f1036eed9be8c469.jpg

A couple months back I saw a beautiful yellow c6 corvette. Decided to stop and check it out. After looking it over, I noticed they had it reasonably priced. Very. reasonably priced. Contacted the dealership it was sitting at (I work second shift and am up at very odd hours) and asked if they would be interested in a trade for my Supra. Couple days later I was 18 grand in debt but grinning ear to ear as I pulled off the lot in a 2006 3LT Corvette. LS2, 6 speed manual. 400hp/400ft lbs. It HAD 67k miles on it, now it's more like 73k. I can't get enough!

I took it to the last track day of the year and it performed phenomenally but my go pro however did not! (Or maybe it was me who didn't...) So there's no footage of that, unfortunately. I can get a hold of a video of me blowing the doors off a s2k swapped Toyota Starlet if you guys are interested.

But really, should I keep this thread going? Would you guys be interested in following a corvette build? I mean obviously it's a supra forum but you never know! Let me know for sure!

Justin

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1449567038068.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1449567038068.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 5