My 88 turbo 5 speed

eman2289

Noob..but not incompetent
Feb 23, 2007
Jersey
Hey everyone. I have been a member here for a while but I've never posted pics of my car or how far it has come. I don't think you could call this a build thread, rather just a time line.
My car started off its life with me as a bone stock turbo r154 with 98,xxx on the clock. Here is a pic of when I first got it from my uncle. Yes, thats me in the passenger seat and my dad driving. I look really young but i was 16 at the time. The paint was nice but the leather seats had seen better days.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

I replaced the seats with a pair of Sparco Torino IIs and never really took many pictures. My loving father decided to have the car "detailed" while I was away. When I got back, my interior was clean but they had burnt paint off some spots of my car from buffing it i guess. Then one day I decided to clay bar it and see if it made a difference. It did, so I decided to take a few pics. Dont mind the wheels, they were cheap and better than sawblades.
p961495_1.jpg

p961495_2.jpg

p961495_3.jpg

The first motor went to rod knock and a bhg, so I had it swapped out for a "JDM" 7mgte, which was not a good idea. My mechanic sucked and to make a long story short, me and a few of my friends ended up tearing my motor down and installing a mhg. We finished the night before NE2K7. I eventually got an intake, bic dp with blitz nur spec cat back, a turbo timer, greddy profec b spec 2 and did the boost guage mod. I also purchased a nice Momo wheel to replace the old worn out Momo my uncle had on it.
p961495_4.jpg

p961495_5.jpg

Then I got new mouldings and 89+ tails and wing. The wing is not mounted yet, but here are the pics anyways. And if you look at my front drivers side fender, you can see where some bitch hit my car trying to pull straight out of a pull in parking spot.
p961495_6.jpg

p961495_7.jpg

p961495_8.jpg

p961495_9.jpg

After all that time and money, I wanted to get rid of my 7M. I did a lot of reading and saving and eventually settled on John at Broadway Performance doing a 2JZGTE t-67 swap for me. This is the way the car sat the day before it went up to John's shop a few weeks ago. The car is on a tow truck so I didnt have to put it back on insurance when I wouldn't be driving it.
p961495_10.jpg

p961495_11.jpg

p961495_12.jpg

p961495_13.jpg

p961495_14.jpg

p961495_15.jpg

Well, thats about it for now.

Last edited:

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Looks good. You keep it very clean. A suggestion though if you don't mind....I'd either paint those wheels all black or all silver. I think it would make it look a lot better and you wouldn't have to spend the money on new wheels. Keep up the good work and let us know how your 2jz swap is going.

eman2289

Feb 23, 2007
Jersey
AF1JZ: I have my sights set on some work equips. Thanks for the input though. (I dont really like the wheels anymore)

Suprakid: yes, and they sit very high. Manny (BoostedMK3 i believe) has the same seats and his sit high also. I am having The shop fab me up some custom ones that set the seats lower.

eman2289

Feb 23, 2007
Jersey
Iceberg: I definitely will. Hopefully by the beginning of this summer/ the end of June. (my birthday, it would be a good gift)

Empera: Thanks.

JoeSupra

I was just thinkin how much of a sleeper ur car is gunna b if u keep it the way it comes out of johns shop. Meanin the paint not matchin, trim a different color, and the wing a different color. lolol But knowin the deep pockets u have yur gunna get it painted to match hahahaha

eman2289

Feb 23, 2007
Jersey
Lol. Not for a while. But yea. Its going to look like crap but its gunna be faaasssttt. What deep pockets? Im broke as a bum with no paper cup...

eman2289

Feb 23, 2007
Jersey
Well, I stopped at Broadway performance last friday and they had my 7m out already and my wiring harnesses ready to be boxed up. My harness arrived at Tweaks today and my injectors are being sent back to me from RC as I type this.
My dbb t-67 is on its way from boost logic and my motor is having all of the seals changed. It should be done in about a month hopefully. Pics as I can get them.

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
eman2289;968696 said:
Well, I stopped at Broadway performance last friday and they had my 7m out already and my wiring harnesses ready to be boxed up. My harness arrived at Tweaks today and my injectors are being sent back to me from RC as I type this.
My dbb t-67 is on its way from boost logic and my motor is having all of the seals changed. It should be done in about a month hopefully. Pics as I can get them.

When you say "my motor" do you mean the 2JZ??
I hope so. Kick ass car be the way.

eman2289

Feb 23, 2007
Jersey
I finally got some pics of my motor and turbo. Here they are. The motor should be in the car by the end of monday!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

eman2289

Feb 23, 2007
Jersey
Yea, me too. I guess they stopped making the tooth ring blue. I like the silver better. Its coming along pretty nicely. I got my 550s back from RC, and the harness from tweak. I have everything, now its just time to put it all together.