at least mine's quick... dammit!

-shaeff

darkandroid1234

What? ...Yaaassss!
May 10, 2006
Bradenton, FL
swaq said:
Turbo or non-turbo?
Non-Turbo, Auto.... but hey for the money....

But it just showed up at my door 5 min. ago, (towed from the closed down stealership I bought it from) and I can start working on it now so....let the fun begin:1zhelp: I like the idea of a 1k$ or less supra club, realisticly mine won't be driveable everyday until I throw about another $3-500 at it.

Anyone got a link to a J-tube mod walkthrough?? I want to put in a $100 255 Walbro 'stead of a $140 rebuilt stocker...

HIDPLANET

89 1JZGTE
Very nice.
Heres the one im getting for $500
5 Spd Turbo, Straight Body, clean interior, rebuilding/upgrading engine&turbo by DriftMotion

2.jpg

3.jpg

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Im looking for cheap supras now.

Mine nessicarill wasnt worth the 2000 (well 1997, i found pennies) I paid. Its stained my street for about 2000$ of cleaning!

I still love Eleanor tho

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
My 400 dollar supra is in my sig just take away the rims........ but im spending close to 3 grand fixing all the problems and the build up up turbo swap/ paint job / upgrades its all worth it in the end.

bstevenson

Jun 1, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Good find man! I'm trying to get this one from some people that live a couple of miles from me. Its a 89T/Auto. . .they've got the head pulled off of it and my friend that lives next door to them said that they can't figure out how to get it back together so I went to ask them about it and the guy told me that he doesn't wanna sell it because he's pretty sure that he's figured out whats wrong with it. . .so just out of curiosity I was like 'oh that's good, what does it need?' the reply I got was 'I think the air pump thing is broken. . .'

hmm 'air pump thing = turbo' if i'm not mistaken

hopefully I can get this car from them before they destroy it

bstevenson

Jun 1, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
johnathan1 said:
where is everyone finding these cheap Supras??? Surely not in Southern California...:nono:

Lol, been to southern california, stayed there for a while and plan on moving out there late this year. . .but from what I learned so far, you don't find much of anything cheap in LA and surrounding area

EdgeSupra

Feb 19, 2006
New Jersey
i got mine for 800 wit ha wiped out motor, body is straight and clean as hell, and i have dumped roughly 3500 into it so far and still going.

darkandroid1234

What? ...Yaaassss!
May 10, 2006
Bradenton, FL
boostin89 said:
would you be going for a 5spd swap?
After the car is in 100% original stock form and in top running condition, depending on what's involved in a manual swap, I'd probably go for it. I will probably hold off until a major engine or trans problem and save a little cash to do a rebuild/NA-T/5-spd with some goodies (read: blow most of my savings), right now though I'm working on my jeep so much that my wallet can't even afford to get the supra running yet!

Just a thought, do they have products available to do like the offroad and drag guys and beef up an auto? I'm not one for a stick in a potential DD.