My 1st Supra & My 1st Car....MK3 88' Targa

What Do You Think Of The Exhaust Sounds Like??

• Total voters

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
welcome...dont worry about what everyone else says looks like a clean spura to start with....Have you checked your exhaust sounds like you have a exhaust leak.....Were in cali are you..?

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
PlatinumTracks;1403183 said:
The only reason why i painted them blue was cuz the car interior was blue...

Was the point of painting them blk then no one can see thats the reason why i painted them a color.....

if you wanted people to see your stock parts, then paint them neon yellow it catches the eye more, and it shows off your bad ass 20 year old Toyota parts:biglaugh:

seriously though, unless it's upgraded it's not worth showing off, plus it'll look terrible once it's covered in brake dust..

PlatinumTracks

Dec 8, 2008
CA
dubsupra209;1403211 said:
welcome...dont worry about what everyone else says looks like a clean spura to start with....Have you checked your exhaust sounds like you have a exhaust leak.....Were in cali are you..?

im in socal....
hemet

But how would i go about checking the exhaust for a leak???:1zhelp:

PlatinumTracks

Dec 8, 2008
CA
RazoE;1403333 said:
if you wanted people to see your stock parts, then paint them neon yellow it catches the eye more, and it shows off your bad ass 20 year old Toyota parts:biglaugh:

seriously though, unless it's upgraded it's not worth showing off, plus it'll look terrible once it's covered in brake dust..

The reason why i painted the brakes is teh same reason why people put stickers and stripes and even paint the whole car for that matter is to make it more visually apealing....

obviously i know paint doesnt make teh car go faster...

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Dude... have you ever seen a blue exhaust other then yours??? Maybe its because its not apealing..... If anything your car would look alot better if you would have left it the way it was... Throwing paint on things does not mean they will look better... Not trying to bash you, but cmon...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Paint the rotors silver (you can leave the calipers blue if you want, but I prefure red or silver), and paint the exhaust silver or black.

PlatinumTracks

Dec 8, 2008
CA
Sside;1403699 said:
Dude... have you ever seen a blue exhaust other then yours??? Maybe its because its not apealing..... If anything your car would look alot better if you would have left it the way it was... Throwing paint on things does not mean they will look better... Not trying to bash you, but cmon...

painting the exhaust was not a thought out decision it was spur of the moment.... like i got this extra paint what else looks like shit...

but i do like the blue brakes

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
platinumtracks;1403183 said:
the only reason why i painted them blue was cuz the car interior was blue...

was the point of painting them blk then no one can see thats the reason why i painted them a color.....

what?!

PlatinumTracks

Dec 8, 2008
CA
SrBigbutt;1403850 said:
Not another Supra with Nissan 300zx wheels!! NO!!! Thats just blasphemy!!!

LOL this is the reason why....I got rims and tires for 150....they just temporary also

FYI i just turned 20 a month ago and I got my own place and school i gotta pay for hopefully soon i'll be able to do more for it but untill then i gotta cut corners....
p1404128_1.jpg

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
PlatinumTracks;1404128 said:
FYI i just turned 20 a month ago and I got my own place and school i gotta pay for hopefully soon i'll be able to do more for it but untill then i gotta cut corners....

stop right there..!!!!!

don't cut corners on a MKIII Supra, you will only end up broke, tired and non-working car...

TRUST ME, I've dropped over $8000 into my 89 and it's still not done, that's what I get for cutting corners in the beginning..

PlatinumTracks

Dec 8, 2008
CA
RazoE;1404223 said:
stop right there..!!!!!

don't cut corners on a MKIII Supra, you will only end up broke, tired and non-working car...

what were the major mistake that you made so i dont follow....

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
bought cheap 245/50/16 tires for my sawblades and then I wanted rims afterwards, so I had to get 16's to fit the tires I had just bought..

bought a junkyard 7mge to replace the crappy one my car came with, turned out to be crappier..

spray painted a few body parts. Autozone brakes/pads, lots of junkyard sensors, coolant hose bypassing, lots of used parts..

not even worth it, I ended up paying double to fix all the mistakes when I could have done everything right the 1st time, just trying to save money..

PlatinumTracks

Dec 8, 2008
CA
RazoE;1404414 said:
bought cheap 245/50/16 tires for my sawblades and then I wanted rims afterwards, so I had to get 16's to fit the tires I had just bought..

bought a junkyard 7mge to replace the crappy one my car came with, turned out to be crappier..

spray painted a few body parts. Autozone brakes/pads, lots of junkyard sensors, coolant hose bypassing, lots of used parts..

not even worth it, I ended up paying double to fix all the mistakes when I could have done everything right the 1st time, just trying to save money..

I learned the hard way about the tires also.... if you pay attention you will notice all tires have different treads.....
p1404457_1.jpg

SO coming from someone who owns 3 supras... junkyard is not my friend.

i do need to start replacing some of these senors and stuff also and was planning a junkyard trip.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
i dont make a lot of moeny but i always fix stuff the RIGHT way. Maintain the engine and dont bother modding or doing any sort of engine swap until you have the amount of funds to do so properly. Ive never cut corners, even when i was about to like not getting my head machined i bit the bullet and paid the $300 to have it machined.

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
mmmm yeaaa, ok calipers get some prepping items, prep for a minimum of 1.5 hr's, get some white brake caliper paint and high temp clear, put at least 3-5 coats on your calipers of caliper paint, take your time with it make sure each coat is dried up. put like 5-9 coats of clear "high temp" make sure each coat dries again. next thing, the sawblades, no one has mentioned this yet. but there is a big line going down the edge of the tire breaking the tread. doesnt look right looks like its been rubbed on a fender or cut up from something, thats a safety hazard dont risk it. and for my own personal rule dont paint things on your exterior to match your interior, like me painting my silver car with maroon trim, probably wouldnt look good. spend your money on good quality, dont shop at autozone or shucks "now o-rileys" unless its for electrical crap, other than that napa is your best bet for good quality parts. Good luck with your 1st supra, dont let it be your last one. shit i forgot the other blue parts :( paint them black or something. and again good luck dont be ricer :)

PlatinumTracks

Dec 8, 2008
CA
northwestsupra;1404480 said:
next thing, the sawblades, no one has mentioned this yet. but there is a big line going down the edge of the tire breaking the tread. doesnt look right looks like its been rubbed on a fender or cut up from something, thats a safety hazard dont risk it.

I replaced those with a whole new set.....

i was just showing how being cheap and only replacing one tire at a time get u this...