my 1990 supra targa

geopomoco

budget 2.9L 7MGTE FTW
Sep 9, 2010
Newport News, VA
here are some pics of my supra. it is basically all stock with an open downpipe and a mushroom filter and the boost cranked up to 12lbs. it was hit in the l/r quarter panel, so im workin on getting all the body panels so i can get it repainted the factory white, since it has the white package and all
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Tampa, Florida, United States
Better turn that boost down if theres nothing to support it...i.e. re-torqued stock head gasket or MHG, upgraded injectors, Lexus MAF. Other then that thats a nice car:) just get that bumper fixed, and if you go to have one painted make sure they know what there doing.

geopomoco

budget 2.9L 7MGTE FTW
Sep 9, 2010
Newport News, VA
yea well right now my boost controller is messing up and it wont go over 6 pounds. i have that cheap ebay crap boost controller though so i cant complain. it has a new head gasket with the higher torque settings. once i do the dashpot mod and put on some hard i/c pipes with the RFL bov, i'll get the injectors and maf. im thinking i might do this one right though, like full standalone. im SO TIRED of wiring up safc's lol i might as well just do it right if im gonna be wiring up a bunch of crap. this is my 3rd mk3 by the way. i had a white n/a 5 speed mk3 for my first one. thats when i found out about the bhg lol, then i had a maroon '87 turbo, but it was an auto :( but now i finally have a turbo 5 speed mk3

geopomoco

budget 2.9L 7MGTE FTW
Sep 9, 2010
Newport News, VA
got the quarter panel almost done. demon bumper goes on in the next few days and the the bigger i/c and all. getting the wheels repainted too for now even though i hate sawblades lol
sm_photo_missing.jpg

geopomoco

budget 2.9L 7MGTE FTW
Sep 9, 2010
Newport News, VA
JDMMA70;1629045 said:
The demon front bumper? Is that the Do-Luck replica front bumper?

http://www.do-luck.com/to_su_70_1.html

the same yep. i got the demon because i would rather pay 280 shipped than 1034 plus shipping. makes sense to me but i know people that would have to do it the other way because it is name brand.

---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

sm_photo_missing.jpg

geopomoco

budget 2.9L 7MGTE FTW
Sep 9, 2010
Newport News, VA
retro spec carbon fiber headlight covers, rfl bov(i also did the dashpot mod so i can have a REAL bov, http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...ngine-stalling-when-venting-BOV-to-atmosphere)
sm_photo_missing.jpg

my supra with chrome tt rims, 285s in rear. that is also my e30 325i
sm_photo_missing.jpg

pic of my 285 nitto rears. those mudflaps aint doin jack
sm_photo_missing.jpg

the moment of truth is tomorrow. if everything goes well, will be takin it to get a full exhaust to the rear of the car, and get painted
sm_photo_missing.jpg

EDIT: the last pic is an older pic. the chrome tt rims are on all four corners

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

geopomoco

budget 2.9L 7MGTE FTW
Sep 9, 2010
Newport News, VA
thanx dude, some people say its a little ricey, but i like it. the main thing is i really cant deal with the stock intercooler mouth on the factory bumper. on the 86.5-88s you can unbolt the mesh, but i never realized(untill this supra) that the 89-92s have the mesh as part of the bumper cover itself. the foglights are pretty bright too.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
It IS kind of ricey... just get it painted & the ricey part of the bumper will be reduced greatly & the intercooler helps too.

I personally prefer the Greddy/Shineauto front bumper. But each to their own & yours doesn't look Bad at all.

geopomoco

budget 2.9L 7MGTE FTW
Sep 9, 2010
Newport News, VA
i actually cant stand the mini holes under the supposed foglight holes on the greddy bumper, what is the purpose of that? and to me, the greddy bumper is RIDICULOUSLY PRICED. but i guess you could say the same about the holes to the sides of my foglight holes. they are not technically brake ducts, but i guess they are supposed to look like it. to me anything is better than the stock bumper. i like my intercooler to breathe as much as possible. by the way, supra did great, drove it all day today, only busted the heater hose from the valve to the head. changin it out tomorrow and gonna be back in business XD

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
You blew your heater core hose? I blew my Turbo's coolant hose. That thing looked like it was slashed with a knife. but the clamp held one piece. my temp rose to the halfway but it didn't over heat... & i lost more than a gallon of coolant :runaway:

geopomoco

budget 2.9L 7MGTE FTW
Sep 9, 2010
Newport News, VA
well when i was mostly stock everything, i blew the 90 degree hose under the thermostat housing. now that this heater hose has blown, the only coolant hose after tomorrow i have not replaced will be the lower radiator hose, but i just got it shipped in the other day, so i should be set now. the dealer still has really cheap prices on coolant hoses, for the most part