Murphy's Law Swap!!

Feb 1, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
So I finally got a hold of a new wiring harness (just pitching the old one, unless someone wants it). Soapra helped me get my hands on one in excellent condition. So here is a semi-progressive picture of me extending it. Im about half way done...

15hc40o.jpg

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
You're using butt connectors for the wiring harness? That's somewhere I would solder for sure. Also, I was told by someone that did a few of these that its better to cut each wire in a slightly different place so all the connections aren't at the same point. When you are done you will have 2 bulges in the wiring loom.

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Sawbladz;1550160 said:
You're using butt connectors for the wiring harness? That's somewhere I would solder for sure. Also, I was told by someone that did a few of these that its better to cut each wire in a slightly different place so all the connections aren't at the same point. When you are done you will have 2 bulges in the wiring loom.

oh shit, didn't even notice the butt connectors before. It is best to do stagger where you cut the wires, and get some solder and heat-shrink and do it right.

Feb 1, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I am halfway done, the second half will be cut offset to those, reducing the "bulk".

As for my theory on the butt connectors:

Red wire= 16ga.
Blue connectors= 16-14ga.

This leaves enough room to 'drip' solder in. They are also heatshrink connectors. This, in addition to cold shrink tape, will be fine.