Murphy's Law Swap!!

Feb 1, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Well it has been one hell of an experience. Murphy’s Law proved itself here… Every single stage in this swap has led to another set back. It has been insane, especially after we swapped a 1J into my friends Supra effortlessly... Lets start from the beginning:

The old 7m took a shit and broke some rods about a year and a half ago, but I had no time what so ever to give it any attention- going to school in a different state, work, etc… So this past summer I finally got around to dump some cash into it.

I bought a 1JZ from a company in Canada for a good price. It shows up and looks incredibly CLEAN! But wait, it’s a Soarer 1J and I specifically told them that I wanted one out of a Supra chassis with the harness. Of course they will not willing to work out any kind of exchange and basically told me to fuck off. So I sucked it up and started looking for swap parts.

I ordered a ton of stuff from Aaron at Driftmotion (excellent experience) and found a rear sump and wiring harness on the forums. The oil pans went in great, but I was less than pleased with the harness: it was pretty hacked up (see pictures below). Limited funds restricted me from buying another one.

I went ahead and swapped everything in and tried to figure out how to get the harness to work for me… I was unsuccessful. However, I got the 1JZ in (with nearly every gasket replaced) as well as a few other goodies.

As fall came quickly, the time came to transfer the Supra to a different location for storage. Again.

I look forward to the gathering of some parts this winter to get it going for TX2K10 :D . I have a few ideas in mind that I haven’t seen before, but you will have to wait till spring to see. I will also be building the engine harness from scratch.

Enjoy the crappy pictures… I will be back with updates, no worries.

Pulled the junk 7M
2uyoj5u.jpg

md027o.jpg

New Meat :naughty:
2zi0tvl.jpg

Putting in the 1JZ
fub3ms.jpg

Wiring Harness Carnage
2rfps78.jpg

292acg8.jpg

2hd4ehd.jpg

242it0o.jpg

And here it goes off to storage again
vndm2w.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Sawbladz;1437284 said:
So just by looking at your car...do you have any front crash bar left in the car at all? Did you remove that yourself?

Yes, it is still there. Kinda lol. The guy I bought the car off of cut that gigantic hole in the bumper, but he only cut away a little bit of the front crash bar... Just so it isnt seen.

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
Yo man nice work to ya. Love the tailight work, and is that a Super Dragger I saw up under there?..I'll trade ya my Apexi N1 if your feeling generous lol. What kinda FMIC was that? just curious

Feb 1, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
VHT NiteShades.

I usually had to find it online but Advance Auto Parts now stocks it on the shelf. You will only need one can. Be sure to do a few VERY even coats.

Here is how it turned out on my truck:
t0kqww.jpg

I purposely went light on these (so that you can still kinda see the red).