Mrs. 2kwik4u's new ride???

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Well, It didn't just fall in my backyard, but I took a train ride into Chicago and brought this baby back with me. I bought it for a work car to drive for the winter, but now that I see how sweet the body is, and completely rust free, I almost feel bad doing it. I think the body is better than the red rocket (for now). So......The future wife has been so cool about me working on and dumping money in the Supra that I got her one too, she's lovin' it. I will be driving it for the winter and fixing it up at work when I have nothing to do there. It needs auto trans rebuilt, oil leaks fixed, brake work, wheel bearing, got broken into so radio/shifter bezel, climate head, ash tray , etc. It makes 1psi of boost....w/g prob i think. Body and interior are very good. Its a hard top 88, tems, ABS, auto. I will post fixes /mods/pics along the way. First things first, it will be getting a CD player, and the sawblades removed. I always wanted a black one so I was pretty happy about the condition, esp. for having 228K on it.
p405068_1.jpg

p405068_2.jpg

p405068_3.jpg

p405068_4.jpg

p405068_5.jpg

p405068_6.jpg

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
CryoSlash said:
curse you... what are the plans for it? :D
oh and take off those mouldings and chek out underthem all... #rule for those years
The guy took my offer on ebay for $50.....woohoo

Ya, I wont dig for rust just yet, I'll be spending some time getting it reliable first, then some mods and make it more purdy....lol

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
tookwik4u89 said:
The guy took my offer on ebay for $50.....woohoo

Ya, I wont dig for rust just yet, I'll be spending some time getting it reliable first, then some mods and make it more purdy....lol
:rofl: u ass clown :rofl:

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Borhor, leather not perfect, but very good for 88 w/228k.

It is pretty clean, just needs some TLC

Hero, .....I see you went through a couple a340's when i was searching for posts......this one is real weird, it has the slip shifting 1-2 which ive seen plenty of times, but it shakes like a mother taking off from stop, and sometimes 1-2, mostly when cold, never seen that....unless it has an LSD problem also.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/IMG]Well you have to know which picture is my favorite!!!!! :biglaugh:

Gay blue Tercel = FTW

Looks like a nice find. Got to love toyota reliability!!!! 200k+ and she just wont die.........................lol

If you keep it auto at least transmissions are cheep. Looks like you will have two to bring to chicago next year. I cant wait!!!! :icon_bigg

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Lol...as of yesterday, I am out of the gay blue club, and my 16 y/o is a new member!

Yes, maybe we will bring them both next year, and the tercel if it lives that long....NOT!

chriso

Supranian
Apr 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Looks good Ken. Excellent condition for that part of the country. (Snow and salt). Your are now officially an addict !!!!

supra8795

Feb 26, 2006
Illinois
Nice find bro. There seems to me more and more supra's around the area latly. Also the shaking could possibly have something to do with the lsd. When cold my car used to shake a little bit so i just bought a used rearend and it has been good ever since, and its holding over 400hp.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
I dont see too many with decent bodies on the road, i dont really see many MK3's at all, and no MK4's.

Today I was driving home and saw smoke spewing out the back, the v/c gaskets were leaking bad, I tightened the screws up, I will try and reseal them at work tomorrow if I get time. Trans is definitely bad, I saw a rebuild kit from a reputable seller on ebay for $208, think I will go that route. Maybe try the valve body mods on the sticky on SF. Anyone tried it?? Didnt get a chance to do much today, hopefully tomorrow.

supra8795

Feb 26, 2006
Illinois
Hell everytime im in rockford i atleast see 1. Anyways are you planning on doing any gofast mods to this car or keep it stock? Should be a pretty nice daily driver.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
When I do see one around, its usually a POS, Im hoping on some good weather this weekend, for a last chance at track w/ red rocket. I have some repairs to do on black beauty, then mods, maybe a 300HP car.

TODAY!.....got a new cd player installed, ordered a master overhaul kit for the transmission.