Movie Thread

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
AJ: Was there a point to NapDyn or did you need to be stoned to understand it? ;)

Loki: Yep thought it was great and good to see it's wasn't one of those movies with no blood and guts and everyone clean!

L

lanky189

NapDyn as you shortened it to IJ may not be terribly amusing while you watch it..but it sticks in your head...and its so funny just to say "gooooshhhhh!" randomly

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
I thought NapDyn was one of the dumbest movies I have ever seen :ugh2:

It had it's moments, but not as great as everyone seems to think it is :kloguck:

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
napolean dynamite was so god damn stupid it was funny just to realize you payed money to wach this shit.

but i do love the dance scene i fukin cheered.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
NapDyn, to me, was about how people take un-important things very seriously. Yea we laughed when Napolean thought he was "cool" by dragging a toy out the back of a bus, when he was telling Pedro about all the "gangs" in school and his "skills", when he lied about his "girlfriend" and when he tried to impress Deb with his "numchucks". But in reality we take things that have just as much meaning as Napoleans "_____" and blow them up into idols that make us look stupid and nerdy.

I also thought that the other message in NapDyn is when the dung is being flung you sacrifice yourself(dignity,time etc..) to help your friends.

I might be reading too much into it but thats my 2 psi.

??supra

Mar 31, 2005
Kodiak, Alaska
idk if it was posted but requiem for a dream, fuckin great movie, so sad though, but thats the life you lead when ur a drug addict. two thumbs up on this one

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
re: NapDyn: LOL I watched it all the way through waiting for the hook/punch line/meaning and was left wondering!

I usually really enjoy craptacular movies but it was just bad bad bad!

I'm not being elitist or a snob in any way it just reeked!

It's gotta be in the running for the worlds worst movie contest as it makes "Attack Of the Killer Tomatos" look good ;)

L

lanky189

aye mate said:
NapDyn, to me, was about how people take un-important things very seriously. Yea we laughed when Napolean thought he was "cool" by dragging a toy out the back of a bus, when he was telling Pedro about all the "gangs" in school and his "skills", when he lied about his "girlfriend" and when he tried to impress Deb with his "numchucks". But in reality we take things that have just as much meaning as Napoleans "_____" and blow them up into idols that make us look stupid and nerdy.

I also thought that the other message in NapDyn is when the dung is being flung you sacrifice yourself(dignity,time etc..) to help your friends.

I might be reading too much into it but thats my 2 psi.

I think you're dead on man.
NapDyn was just a simple movie with simple characters but about a pretty complex thing... friendship.

also.. Tots, and Break Dancing