mouting afm upside down

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
will mounting the afm upside down rotated 180* (sensor facing floor) interfere with any of the readings or harm anything?

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
jetjock;1900178 said:
Based on his forum handle I'm guessing English is not his first language.

Also not sure what 'mouting' means but I gave it a shot anyway :)
I thought at first the Fur may have fallen off but there's no "L" ;)
(Mong will know I'm just yanking his chain)

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
wow, I edited the "mouting" in the post but couldn't fix the title i guess i was in a rush. i didn't think it would just wanted to make sure . i just want it upside down in an attempt to help clean up engine bay the sensor and wire wont be seen if its upside down .. plus there is an arrow showing which way the air flows under it thought it would be cool to have that shown and painted.:naughty:

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I would be concerned about moisture in the air condensing into the sensor.

I've seen lots of people have the sensor stop working when they attempt to clean the housing, and I had assumed that the reason why Toyota put it on the top like that was to prevent condensate (or indeed dust, though that should not get through the air filter) in the air from getting into the electronics. You might find out after driving on a humid, foggy or rainy day.

The sensor itself certainly isn't dependent on gravity, and so should work perfectly well in any orientation.

Compromise: Tuck the wire out of the way with the sensor on its side with the plug downwards. You could still see the arrow from the fender side...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Seeing as the hole for the sensor is in the top, having it on the bottom could allow contamination easier.

I won't comment on "cleaning up the engine bay"