Moulding clips

derK

Mar 31, 2005
CANADA
alright i bought some white side trim a while back. I'm trying to find some clips for them, but none of them fit. I need to know if the 89 clips are different from the 91-92?? I think i've tried 89 clips before, so before i order 91-92 clips i want to make sure they are different.

Derek

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
can you order the clips on their own? i didnt think you could

i just went to the autoparts store and found a similar clip, then cut it to size. all of the clips cost me about $15

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
no part number, i just took a stock clip into the store, and looked at their selection. the ones i picked up had a bigger base and a longer "stud", so i trimmed them with tinsnips. they slide right into the moulding like stock ones, and are a bitch to get off, which imho is a good thing.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
hey at least that beats what the dick did to my moldings.He had no clips so insted of just buying some he drilled some nice house screws threw the poor supra doors.:nono: :nono: :nono:

tonystarks

mmmmm......beer
Dec 7, 2006
hell
thanks, killer!!! I just won an auction on ebay for a set and really didn't expect to win the auction and DID. haha

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Does this image not show all the clips you need?

MBN792E.gif

derK

Mar 31, 2005
CANADA
yes it shows the clips, but last time i think i bought some clips for an 89 from Toyota and they didn't fit in the moldings. The base part was too fat and the actually head of the clip was too low.....it's hard to explain. So i'd rather NOT go bak and and ask for 90+ clips just to see that they are the same clips.