motor swap questions

White MK III

Dec 30, 2008
ledyard, CT
i doin a swap in my mkiii and painted n shit...i want like 550 600 rwhp on the weekends n like 450 daily... i have a gt35r read to go so wat should i do... 1j or 2j....i know everyone says 2j but can i acomplish that with a 1j with that turbo or bigger...with a good tunein??? or stock twins or upgraded>

foordoorracer

Feb 23, 2009
CLT
White MK III;1464290 said:
i doin a swap in my mkiii and painted n shit...i want like 550 600 rwhp on the weekends n like 450 daily... i have a gt35r read to go so wat should i do... 1j or 2j....i know everyone says 2j but can i acomplish that with a 1j with that turbo or bigger...with a good tunein??? or stock twins or upgraded>

go with the 2j bro, it makes life soooo much easier. i just finished a 1j swap and i ran into so many issues that wouldn't have been nearly as hard to deal with if i had a 2j. since the 1j was not ever offered here and the 2j was, it makes life so much easier when you need replacement parts.

big yoggz

Well if u r trying to reach those number u r going to need more then just a turbo. It doesn't matter if u get a 1jz or 2jz, u will need to have upgraded your computer, fuel system and turbo and exhaust. Also if u r trying to hit over 600whp then it will depend on what u r trying to go for as in drift or drag. For u to hit 600whp at most then that turbo should be fine. Also for what the last guy said u r able to use most of the parts of the 2jz onto your 1jz, most of the parts are interchangable. Idk what he's talking about. The problems that u run into it's pretty much all going to be the same... U will just be paying more for the 2jz engine instead of the 1jz.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
the 1jz swap isnt to bad and parts are pretty easy to find since like above they are swapable from 2j to 1j. the one 1j from what i heard is more rev happy

redrocco

QUADCAM
Feb 21, 2007
Rochester NY
There is always the 1UZ-FE. That engine will get you what you want plus there cheep as dirt. The only real big cost is mating it to the 5 speed but its worth it. I did the whole 1uz 5 speed swap and had the car on the road for less money then some people pay for just the 2jz engine.

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
redrocco;1493764 said:
There is always the 1UZ-FE. That engine will get you what you want plus there cheep as dirt. The only real big cost is mating it to the 5 speed but its worth it. I did the whole 1uz 5 speed swap and had the car on the road for less money then some people pay for just the 2jz engine.

+1 for the 1UZ-FE swap. Supercharge it or add a turbo or two and you end up with things like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8WLkxbUfj0
or
http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/210264/vauxhall_omega.html