Failure14

Banned
May 29, 2009
Ohio
Ok so i had gotten a BHG about a month ago and slowly but surely ive been
taking everything off, the whole top of my head is completly taken off
and my camshafts/cam gears are showing, so i told my little brother
like hey ill give you like 20bucks if you go and wipe everything down and what
not, so he goes out there and about 20mins later i hear a motor running?
so im like wtf so i run out there and hes got the pressure washer running
and spraying the shit out of my motor lol(Little prick just didnt wanna do no hard work and get an easy $20, what a inconsiderate asshole lol), water got into alot of holes and
im just woundering how bad this could be?

Would i beable to just take the hood off and push my car out in the sun for
a few days? or am i gonna have to take apart everrryytthing and make sure no water is anywhere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

By the way its a 1990 Toyota Supra Turbo 7MGTE

Oh an also On my head, lets say were looking down upon and looking at my
camshafts, The little holes that require those washers, where can i get some of those at? cause i think i lost a few.

stabbinkabbin

Jul 18, 2008
Spring TX
I am wondering what the "holes" could be other than water jackets? Get the head decked and acid bathed at your machine shop since you have a bhg and will be taking it off any way, I would inspect the cylinder walls and treat what you find, if nothing rub down with a little oil maybe. Make sure the cams and stuff have a little on em as well.

Hopefully someone else more knowledgeable will step in.

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
stabbinkabbin;1331805 said:
I am wondering what the "holes" could be other than water jackets? Get the head decked and acid bathed at your machine shop since you have a bhg and will be taking it off any way, I would inspect the cylinder walls and treat what you find, if nothing rub down with a little oil maybe. Make sure the cams and stuff have a little on em as well.

Hopefully someone else more knowledgeable will step in.

this OP is hard to understand, it sounds like just the valve covers are off? is the head off the block? if he was washing the motor do you mean the head or the block? need clarification...

assuming you're talking about him hosing down the head with it on the motor...
no waterjackets are open to oil-bearing cavities.

he's probably got a large amount of water built up through the oil drains head, under the vavle shims and worstly...the oil pan.

Repair the BHG...

I'd used compressed air and blow out evetrything you can from the head, let the engine drain (as if you are doing an oil change) for 24+ hours.

do an oil change with cheap oil, start it up for 30 seconds and drain it again. Change the oil again and let it run a bit longer, change it again. possibly repeat a third time.

seriously, spend money on oil for this...your engine is very close to being garbage. Really, the whole thing should be disassembled, but if you're doing that, you might aswell rebuild the thing. So, all you can do is try your best to remove all the water from the system. The only way to do that with everything together is with oil changes...lots of them and hope the engine isn't damage in the process of cycling the oil through the motor.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
i do get 5 gallons of kerosene and dump it all over the motor...in the water jackets, oil jackets, everywhere! flush that motor out! then id spray it with an anti rust such as wd-40! this isnt a big deal but id defently flush it all out with kero or diesel!

SBM713

Apr 24, 2007
Georgia
so your taking it apart and you have to go through doing the HG so you should do that anyway like you would if your oil got milky cause of a bhg. I say lube the cams up so they dont rust pull the head drain the oil pull the block, take it all to the machine shop dont forget the timing cover!!! get a valve job some new seals while your in there maybe bore it if its needed or if you want to lol port and polish the head and re assemble the only problem with all this is money haha

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
wow, he did get it clean...:) i say pressure wash him and charge $20.

make sure to keep everything lubed after you do several oil changes, just like everyone else has said

Failure14

Banned
May 29, 2009
Ohio
Rofl @ clip, that was a good one, but alright ill just do about 4-5 oil changes lol, you can never be too safe cause In this case $15 spent on some cheap oil is better then hearing a "I told you so".

But anyways, thanks alot guys, i appreciate it.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
WD-40

WD stands for "Water Dispersing" and it does just that, but you're gonna need a lot of it...

Personally, I'd kill my bro, and then pull the engine and tear it mostly down so i can get to everything to clean out the water with WD-40 at the very least, full engine rebuild at the most...

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
if the head is still on i would drain the oil put in some cheap oil pull the efi fuse then crank the motor until i saw oil pressure. repeat a couple times then pull the head. if a good amount of water slipped into the mains or rod bearings it could trash your crank by the time you get back to assembling it. doing this will keep it from happening. its amazing how fast a crank will rust when not lubricated.

oh and i wouldn't call your motor ruined considering it has only been sitting like this for a day or two.

nsngarage

Jan 24, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I'd say this.. in steps P)

1. put a nice hefty life insurance policy on the guilty party..
2. Fill up the pressure washer with gas... or get a long enough extension cord (to help with the chasing from step 3.)
3. Proceed to chase and spray the hell out of him.
4. If he gets "too much" high pressure water.. Cash in the policy and build a MONSTER.
5. Ignore all of this because obviously you wouldn't kill him over this. (at least until something else "funny" happened)

IJ - agreed.. i'd be crying.

:)

stabbinkabbin

Jul 18, 2008
Spring TX
Does anyone see a problem with the wire harness clips does anyone have experience with them oxidizing or anything? The pressure washer would have put alot of small bits of water everywhere???? This being just a side note.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
just flush your motor with kero and or diesel....just pour it everywhere! it wont hurt your seals or anything! keep your oil pan drain plugged and fill the whole fucking motor then once you cant pour anymore in...drain it....then wd-40 the hell out of it!

this is very bad that your brother did this....it could have forced dirt in oil channels that feed bearings....at the end of the day id pull the motor and airhose all the oil channels!