motor pull problem

webbs7mgte

Jun 2, 2008
wisconsin
pulling a customers motor to go 1.5jz but its a 7m NA 6spd(obviously 5spd lol) but disconected the tranny. made sure ti was in netrul the motor doesnt want to budge free from the tranny and i cant figure out why. clutch fork problem? Tranny is staying in the car for right now untill I have more room to put it on my small tranny cradle i made

webbs7mgte

Jun 2, 2008
wisconsin
yes because you can see the motor want to disconect at the top like i can put my finger in the gap but the motor jsut doesnt want to break away and nothing is holding it still the motor mounts are disconected form the front rack

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
orlando/ New Smyrna Beach FL
you have to take the inspection plate on the side off and remove the clutch slave and the fork... then unbolt the flywheel from the motor from the inside of the trans through the inspection plate.

then it will slide right off

cruisnhard

SM Member
Sep 27, 2007
Waupun, Wisconsin
He said it was n/a so it should be a w58.

Try using a prybar, sometimes the plate that goes between the tranny and engine keeps it together. I have had to do it many times. If this doesnt work you may have missed a bolt. There are quite a few.

What was said above should only have to be done if it is an r154.

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
orlando/ New Smyrna Beach FL
cruisnhard;1197315 said:
He said it was n/a so it should be a w58.

Try using a prybar, sometimes the plate that goes between the tranny and engine keeps it together. I have had to do it many times. If this doesnt work you may have missed a bolt. There are quite a few.

What was said above should only have to be done if it is an r154.

this makes sence due to the fact i have a NA-R514. i thought the W58 may work the same way. never actually worked on a W58 yet

so the plate on the W58 doesnt bolt up like the R154 is what you are saying?

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
pry bar and protect the baby maker in less you have 3 kids then fuck it you don't need any more

cruisnhard

SM Member
Sep 27, 2007
Waupun, Wisconsin
The R154 has an inspection plate on the side of the tranny where the fork is put into. This is used to get the clutch and such unbolted, because of the way the r154 clutch is put on. The w58 has a normal clutch that can stay on the engine. when the tranny and engine are separated. I hope I am making sense.