motor blew

daneyan

Banned
Sep 1, 2005
South Florida
last night i was doing about 140 when i suddenly lost power. it's not my turbot that blew cause the car just shut off and the temp rose. tried restarting but nothing. engine just swings. sounds like it's out of timing or something. anyone wanna help me out down here in the south fl area.?

Supraboostin

7m power
Mar 30, 2005
MIAMI
Idealsupra said:
could be the timing belt snapped...that would stop the car and wouldnt allow you to restart it..BUT i dont know why it would have the temp rise....
because the crank wasnt turning so no water pump or fan

Supraboostin

7m power
Mar 30, 2005
MIAMI
Idealsupra said:
if the timing belt snapped the crank would still turn...so would the crank pulley...which is what the accessory belts are attached to....so i dont think that would cause it....
how the fuck???the car will not run without the timing belt so how would the crank turn,only by the starter

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
When the timing belt snaps the motor stops because the valves can't move!!!
there controled by the cams(It happened to me) so if the motor isn't on how can it over heat????:dunno:

daneyan

Banned
Sep 1, 2005
South Florida
took off my cam cover today and the timing belt is still intact. i think i spun a rod bearing or some other worse case scenario. motor will be removed tomorrow, and torn down. unless there are other ways to test to find out what's wrong. i did a compression test following the instructions on the cygnus website, but all i got was a 28 psi reading. i cranked the engine like 4-5 times but the needle just wouldn't rise. HELP!!!