morganson's COP S-Type setup

mstgeer

Has anyone considered or researched drilling & tapping the inserts in the coils so they could be bolted in place from the top as an under-mount?
This way the plate could be dismounted and the coils could stay in place over the plugs.

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
I have a bunch of half inch tubing left over from my fuel system install. so not very much sine youll only need like 6 inches. and thats with the end user trimming to proper length. I could possibly get the rest of hardware if I knew what people were using.

I made a LQ9 coil bracket for JDMFreak and sent some studs I made and smaller 1 inch spacers. but he has to weld the studs to the 4 hex plugs in the head.

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
Im not sure by the way the coil needs to twist/rotate in from the bottom the plate would come straight up like your thinking unless the cut out became much larger.

mstgeer

nathaninwa;1985972 said:
Im not sure by the way the coil needs to twist/rotate in from the bottom the plate would come straight up like your thinking unless the cut out became much larger.

I believe you are correct, due to the elec. connector extending beyond the body of the coil, good point. Guess I deserve this...:slap:

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Holy Shiite Muslim! I don't log in for 24 hours, and they're ALL sold?!?

Well crap.
Put me in for the following:

Supraguy@aol / Diego V. / Qty: 1 / Undermount / 30046

Not sure if i missed how you want to bill us, but please just send a Paypal payment request to me when you get a chance( supraguy@aol.com )

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
You all good. I gotcha on the list in the beginning!

supraguy@aol;1986000 said:
Holy Shiite Muslim! I don't log in for 24 hours, and they're ALL sold?!?

Well crap.
Put me in for the following:

Not sure if i missed how you want to bill us, but please just send a Paypal payment request to me when you get a chance( supraguy@aol.com )

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
Base price is 26.00 plus the under mount grinding. The more under mounts, the less the charge will be.

Screen Name-First name/initial-Quanity-Grinding for under mount-Shipping Zip code.

morganson / ? / 2 / _ / PAID
AbsoluteSpeed / Franco R / Qty-1 / Top mount please / T5T-3L7 (Canada)
TrqMnstr
D.J.T. / Danny T. / Qty-1 / Undermount / 72762
Scooter7M / Scott P. / 1 / undermount / 42240
lithium14 / Andrew / 1 / no / 78753
mstgeer / Michael G. / 1 /undermount / 16441
reydio/Rey/1/No/96819
Grimreaper/ Dean R./ quantity 1/ no undercut/ 75007
Ca91MkIII +1 / Paypal info? / Top mount / 37064
sheedy126 / Scot S. / Qty-1 / Top mount / 99336

I just counted 13, and don't have any more cut. Let me get these shipped and I see about cutting more.

Last edited:

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
So...How much do I send you, and what email?

PS- Quick question:
Is the coil harness connector the same as the replacement CPS connector that Driftmotion sells?
I need to start building the coil harness.

p1986079_1.jpg

p1986079_2.jpg

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
It will be another day or 2 before I start to box these. I dont like to collect ahead of time. I feel bad if I cant nail the deadline. I know Im semi new to this forum, but very seasoned on the Volvo board Im on. Like I tell all them guys, I do this on the side, have a day job from 6am to 4pm, a Finace and a 13 year old and a 4 year old. My Finace has her own hair Salon and gos to work when I get home! So I get from about 9pm to 10pm in the garage each night!!! The lately we have had a string of vehicle break in, so tonight I fiished off the motion light install.

So its things like the motion light that may put me a day behind and I dont want that over my head knowing people have paid and want there product in a timely manner. I should at this point have the parts all done by Wednesday. I have 11 more todo and did get the coil to fit tonight. Ill be getting them all marked up where I need to grind at tonight, then hit it hot and heavy tomorrow to get them all ground. Then its a simple edge debur and package up. Oh yea, and trim some tubing for spacers.

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
I was able to get back to the garage and remembered about some tooling I have that got tucked away. I cut the under mounts and accidently did a couple extra (my bad). The next ones I do Ill just have this mod done and reflect a new price. It doesnt take nearly as long as I thought it would.

So tomorrow I should be deburing them and packaging them up on Wednesday.